Four regular cleaning staff.
In a daily life, where home and home are to be shared and likes, it’s quick to get some dust on the brain.
Perhaps you are one of those who takes a quick floor wash before the Friday call rings on the door?
Should we believe cleaning expert Else Liv Hagesæther, there are very few who wash the floor properly – especially parquet flooring.
– Most people who wash the floor feel that they have to spend a lot of water to make it clean. It’s wrong, says Hagesæther.
According to the cleaning expert, too much water will cause the dust in the room to adhere to the moist surface. As the water evaporates, the dust will remain on the floor you just cleaned.
– If you feel that you have to wash with water, it is important that you dry with a dry mop afterwards. Then the dust will not be able to stick to the surface, “she says.
Too much soap
It’s easy to think that the soap that smells good is also good for the parquet. Still, there are a few things to keep in mind.
– We often use too much soap when we wash the floors, says leader of quality and training in CityMaid Hjemmeservice AS, Line Mercedes Åramnes.
In such cases, the soap tests will act as dust magnets instead of removing dirt, she adds.
She advises you to use a dry microfiber mop to remove the dust and possibly water with a little ph-neutral soap if there are spots.
Head of department and head of department in Total Renhold AS, Bjarne Andersen-Good, agrees.
– On the floor it is easy to overdose with soap. The same applies to the use of water. This will eventually damage the surfaces, he says.
It’s not easy to know what’s the right cleaning, and if we believe the experts, there are several things and places that are being washed incorrectly..
We have therefore made a list of the most common washing machines, and tips on how to do it right.
Same cloth in several areas
Can transmit infection and bacteria.
It is quickly made that the same cloth is used for cleaning both the shower and the toilet.
However, if you want to avoid infection and bacteria, this is never a good idea.
– If you wash the toilet with a cloth, it is important that this is not used in other areas, points out department manager and chief executive officer of Total Renhold AS Bjarne Andersen-Gott.
His tips are to use paper when you do laundry – you do not have to think about which cloth has been used for what.
Always start the top when you wash the toilet and work down. Use paper as you throw as you wash, he recommends.
The bread knife in the dishwasher
It should be hand washed.
In a busy weekday it is often tempting to pour everything into the dishwasher. Still, it’s not all that should be washed this way.
– I would wash three-piece bread knives with dish brush and zalo, says the leader of quality and training in CityMaid Hjemmeservice AS, Line Mercedes Åramnes.
The same, cleaning expert Else Liv Hagesæther says.
– It takes unnecessary space in the dishwasher, and also contains little bacteria, as it is only used for bread, she points out.
By washing it by hand you will also avoid getting cracks in the shaft where bacteria can accumulate.
Too much soap when washing windows
At worst, the windows may turn gray.
Have you experienced the windows getting gray after washing? You may use too much soap.
– The windows can quickly become grayish when using too much soap, explains department manager and chief executive officer of Total Renhold AS Bjarne Andersen-Gott.
– Here you get the best result by using a window sling, he adds.
Always remember to dry around the frames afterwards so that you do not get water running on the window.
Should we believe cleaning expert Else Liv Hagesæther, it is best to use a microfiber cloth.
– Dropp zalo and other cleaners. This only causes the windows to become shielded, “she says.
Moisten the microfiber cloth, then remove dirt and water with a window sill.
Incorrect products in the wrong place
Save power using the right products.
It’s rare fun with cleaning. In addition, if you use incorrect products in the wrong place, your job can be ten times worse.
– I often experience that many people use strong basic products to remove lime in the bathroom without success, “says Line Mercedes Åramnes from CityMaid Hjemmeservice AS.
According to Åramnes, we often scramble in vain and use unnecessary powers.
– Should you remove lime, irr and rust in shower, toilet or faucet, I would recommend you choose an acidic agent, she says.
Doing this every time you see the need to sign up will make it easier to remove the dirt.
It is also important that the product is allowed to work before you start washing – especially if you want to wash the joints in the bathroom.
– saving both the joints and yourself for unnecessary scrubbing and wear, says Åramnes.