Here you live in boxes and have the front door in the middle of the house.
There are many who live in densely populated cities and neighborhoods, which seems to be bothersome that both neighbors and relatives with relative ease have insight into what you are doing within the four walls of the house.. The few are comfortable to feel that you are staying at the exhibition, and many cheat for creative solutions to limit or obstruct access. And where someone binds on curtains or so-called screens, others reap hedges and trees to protect their privacy.
According to the design and architecture site Designboom, it was precisely to avoid the problem of relatives and insights that this house in Yokohama City, Japan, was designed in exactly the special way it became.
Built for the future
The house, which the architects of EANA stand behind, is located in an area that is not only densely populated, but where more new buildings and homes are also planned in the next few years. And for this reason, the architects had to think completely new as they planned this family’s new residence.
– It was a matter of building the house in a way that protected privacy and protection , explains architect Kohei Iwasaki to the site.
– In addition to the fact that we had to make sure there was enough space on the ground to turn the car the family has.
A home in a home inside a house
This became a luxury residence
It took some rounds between clients and architects before agreeing on how the residential building should be designed to work best for the young family according to Iwasaki.
– It was a question of both taking into account the design of the plot and how the homes around would affect how this family lived in their home, explains the architect.
– In addition to taking into account a family that lives busy and how many people do different activities at home at the same time.
The solution became a dwelling where you use both open and closed zones and rooms, and how distinct boxes define the way you live and live in the house.
– Three “containers” form what is the very core of how this house works, explains Iwasaki to the design and architecture site Homedsgn.
– In this way, the interior is not only “trapped” within the various boxes, but also defined by the appearance of the zones and the air between the boxes.
Positioned the front door in the center of the house
The unique architecture of the house in Yokohama City consists of three boxes of various sizes, all of which make it now living and use in the house.
– The second unique idea we came across was to bring the outside into the house in many ways, explains the architect.
– Which one largely achieves when the front door is located in the middle of the house’s first floor.
From the outside, light comes into the home via the architects calling a light corridor.
– The idea was that the light would be caught in a kind of daylight courtyard and from here penetrate through several walls.
By placing the door where you did, you made sure that the entrance to the home is to the highest degree private and hidden from the outside world, and the problem of insight that road became non-existent.
– The entrance door is in the white “box” on the ground floor, explains Iwasaki.
– And to provide privacy to the three bedrooms and the bathroom, one has shrouded the smaller white box into a larger box made of wood.
– We had to execute an exorcism on the trees
Layers on layers
On the outside is built clothed with a metal shell, which protects the “boxes” within which is in the wall and wood.
– The metal end of the house has more recessed windows, explains Iwasaki to Arch Daily Arch Daily.
– This allows the light to enter the house and fills the home with natural daylight and air.
Around the massive brick in the middle of the house leads a staircase up to an attic area illuminated by a skylight window in the roof of the residence.
– If you go upwards, you come to the main living room or living area, explains the architect.
– This serves as a kind of interior balcony, which overlooks the house’s floor plan.
The property, which is both functional and practical, is nevertheless only moderately 78 m2.
When we designed the home, it was important to get to rooms and zones that worked for a family with many activities on time and a busy and hectic lifestyle between work and education, explains Iwasaki.
– And we believe that we are successful and have had an architecture that works optimally for the family.
Water tower was a nice family home
In this house you have dropped walls
This house is full of holes