Are you going up the ladder to paint the house or clean the turrets? Be sure to be well secured.
To find the right angle for the ladder, stand your feet up to the ladder foot and stretch the elbow in this way. When the elbow touches the ladder, the angle is correct.
Guide to hunting the cabin
How to handle the house
The things that suit your house during your vacation
Give the kids real tools
Painting and dicing belong to many people in the summer’s pursuits, and most of them cause them to get up in a ladder with brushes and bucket. But it should not be done without putting the ladder up properly, because the consequences of falling from ladders can become fatal.
For example, a ladder should not stand too far from the wall because it may slide. The ladder should also not be insecure in relation to lateral movements, because then the chance is that it just does that; slides laterally.
Click. no has got Alf Grove-Knutsen at the point supplier of the same name to show how the ladder is to be set up in a proper way.
Good fuse of the ladder starts by placing it on the ground. But often the ground is uneven, and maybe also sloping. It creates challenges.
– So-called spring extenders are useful where the terrain slopes or where there is otherwise a level difference. The hanger extension is mounted on one ladder leg (or, preferably, on both) and allows the ladder to stand straight regardless of the surface, explains Grove Knutsen.
Another option that makes the benefit of vaguely rising is a stabilizer. This is mounted at the bottom of the ladder, horizontally on the legs, and works according to the support wheel principle.
Another variant of the same principle is a stabilizer mounted further up on the ladder.
In addition to the stabilizer, there is also other safety equipment.
Rubber mats, extra sneakers and pegs for fastening on slippery surfaces. An escalator will be able to provide you with a good guide.
A ladder can not only be installed on the wall, it must have the right angle to the ground. This means that neither should it stand too steep nor for slaughter.
- Make sure the ladder is at the right angle, which is approx. 75 degrees. Use the elbow test to find the right angle.
- The ladder must stand firm and straight to the ground. Use extension struts (joint legs) on uneven surfaces.
- DO NOT place the ladder on wooden blocks or the like.
- Try to avoid having something in your hands as you climb up a ladder.
- Do not overlook the side of the ladder. This causes a risk of slipping. Go downstairs and move the ladder to where you are going to work.
- Avoid placing the ladder on slippery surfaces (eg. example. by rain). At least ensure that it is secured. There are spikes to be bought for use on slippery surfaces.
- If the ladder is used to get on a roof, the ladder must extend one meter above the ceiling.
- Never stand on the top, or the top steps of the ladder.
- For further tips, check the Stige Center’s guide.
– To steep angle can make the ladder uncomfortable to walk in and you get the feeling of tipping backwards. A slight angle may cause the ladder feet to slip or the ladder simply bends, describes Grove Knutsen.
To find the right angle, he explains that you should put your shoes up to the feet of the ladder and then put your elbow straight out of your body. When the elbow point touches the ladder so that your body, ladder and upper arm form a triangle, then the ladder is at the right angle (see box).
According to Grove Knutsen, one of the most common causes of people falling down by ladders is that they lean to the side and then the ladder slides away from them. Clean apart from the fact that one does not lean to the side, it is important that a ladder be secured in the top. In the Norwegian Labor Inspectorate’s regulations on ladders and scaffolds, there is, among other things, to rise above five meters to be secured at the top. And although this regulation does not apply to private individuals, it is nevertheless a good guidance in level security.
There are several ways to do this, for example, by fastening the ladder with a rope so that it does not move sideways.
There are also optional accessories to be purchased that stabilize the ladder against the wall. And then it’s always a good option to have someone with them who can support the ladder down.
How to treat your external panel
To choose paint or stain
To paint the house
You should know about trampolines