How to remove stains from different surfaces.
We have previously shown how to remove red wine stains from a white cloth.
But how do you remove the stain if it has been on the new textile sofa?
– You get a lot of water and liquid detergent, both for cleaning and stain removal, “says Elisabet Høye, consumer journalist and author of the book” Ren glede “.
She learned her surprise when she was working on the book.
Here she has collected smart tricks and tips on cleaning.
Nevertheless, water and liquid detergents do not always work.
For example, when you rinse red wine on the white blanket in the living room. Or when you have left the coffee cup for a long time on the new bench plate in wood.
Below you will find solutions for removing spots on different surfaces.
Want to read more such things? Sign up for our newsletter and follow click on Facebook.
Worktop in wood
If you want to remove stains on a worktop in wood, you must first determine whether it is treated with oil or not.
– Oiled worktops in wood should be washed with a soft cloth. Microfiber cloths can destroy the protective skin of oil, warns Elisabet High, author of the book “Clean Pleasure”.
Do not use concentrated soap or detergent directly on worktops in wood, she advises.
However, an untreated worktop must be treated differently, we shall believe Malin Skaar, laundry expert and leader in Lilleborg Consumer Service.
– If the worktop is untreated, the stain will pull down into the wood and become difficult to remove, says Skaar.
In such cases, try washing with green soap water (use plenty of green soap). If this does not work, you may want to use some shaving cream on the worst spots.
And remember, always be careful about heat sources like kettles, coffee makers and pots. These should not be placed directly on solid wood worktops, as the heat they emit can make cracks, discoloration and drying of the worktop.
Although it’s a challenge to remove stains from carpets, there is luckily no impossibility.
According to Elisabet Høye, author of the book “Clean Pleasure”, you should first try to remove the stain with lukewarm water. Moisten the stain and suck with a dry or damp cloth. Do not rub, but touch the stain.
But remember, stain removal is like chemistry. Different spots need different means to disappear. However, you will get a lot of liquid detergent or detergent and water.
– Fresh wet spots can be soaked with paper towels. Potato flour can also be used to absorb moisture, she thinks.
Stains on carpets can also be removed with Farris. Pour the mineral water onto the stain, gently press and suck it with the paper.
Should we believe Malin Skaar, laundry expert and leader in Lilleborg Consumer Service, you can also use a recommended carpet sensor.
Alternatively, many food stains can disappear with Zalo while dry stains can be brushed away with a nail brush and removed with a vacuum cleaner.
– If you are unsure if the carpet is resistant to treatment then try a small visible spot first, recommend Skaar.
But keep in mind: Different stains and different blankets require different treatment. For example, rugs that can not withstand water must be cleaned.
Not everyone has a soap suit that can be removed and washed in a machine.
Fortunately, there are solutions to both red wine and fat stain.
– Fresh red wine stains can be sucked by sprinkling potato flour on the spot. If you use salt you may risk replacing the red wine stain with a beige stain that does not go away, “explains Elizabeth High.
, explains Elisabet Høy, author of the book “Clean Pleasure”.
Other liquid detergents like Zalo will take many spots, such as coffee, fruit and grease stains. Leave the agent to work for about 15 minutes before washing. You can also do this trick on wool textiles.
– Many spots disappear with water, so please rinse water through the stain, “says High.
However, she advises you to be careful when removing the spots, preferably by patching or pressing / squeezing the stain.
– If you rub, you may risk creating color change in the fabric. Then you get a new spot that can not be removed.
Malin Skaar, laundry expert and leader in Lilleborg Consumer Service, agree.
– Remember that you should be careful about moisture so that moisture does not pull down on the couch itself.. Always wash stains “from the outside and in” so that it is not pulled outwards, scissors tip.
Here are many who are drowning.
It’s quick to forget about the joints in the bathroom, and when you only wash the floor, it becomes easy to dump again. Elisabet Høy, author of the book “Pure pleasure” advises you to scrub the joints with a scouring brush, toothbrush or fish brush.
– Remember to moisten the joints with clean water so that you “sow the joints” before scrubbing and cleaning them with soapy water. Moisture can damage acidic cleaners (oxygen can make the joints porous and help them crumble), she states.
Salmon soup can usually be removed with salmiakkvann, or a porridge you make of baking soda (leave the mixture to work for a few minutes before scrubbing). You can also try some scouring cream or vinegar.
– Whatever you choose to wash, it’s very important to use plenty of water when you wash the joints, and it’s important to wash well after washing, says Malin Skaar, laundry expert and leader in Lilleborg Consumer Service..
Worktop in stone
More exposed to spots.
Some stones, such as marble, are porous and thus exposed to staining. If the stain has fallen into the rock, it can not be removed. Should we believe Malin Skaar, laundry expert and leader in Lilleborg Consumer Service, you can manage to make the stain less visible.
– Marble is a delicate material that you should be careful about. Therefore use a PH neutral detergent, she tips.
According to Elisabet Høye, author of the book “Clean Pleasure”, you should also treat the stone plate with impregnant once every six months to prevent damage and stains.
– Remember that some natural stone worktops, like marble, can be damaged by acids and bleaches. You can find acids in, for example, vinegar, lemon and red wine. The acids can react with the lime in the worktop and make stains, she adds.