Hanne Mette Huseby won second place in BoligDrøm’s competition for Norway’s Dream House. It’s a party worthy!
The family Huseby lives in a residential area on Nidelvåsen outside Arendal. The house has a lovely terrace and a small garden, a patio used diligently both by family and friends.
Hanne Mette loves to cover for a party.
Today she has baked white, lovely cupcakes and decorated them with blue pennants, which she has made herself.
She has also baked a very tall and summery soft cake decorated with edible violins.
The table is covered in blue and pink, and the cake party can begin. Hermine has got a flower wreath in her hair, and summer is a fact.
– We have a completely unspoiled garden in the middle of the residential area, with sun from morning to evening, access to large free areas nearby and just a short bike ride to nice beaches, says Hanne Mette.
Hanne Mette’s soft cake
150 g sugar
150 g flour flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
6 dl cream flow
6 tablespoons sugar
1 pk vanilla cream
1 basket of fresh strawberries
Set the oven to 200 degrees. Whip egg and sugar into egg dose, sift in flour and baking powder and mix lightly. Fill the batter in a lubricated form (22-24 cm). Turn the oven down to 175 degrees and cook on the bottom shelf for 30 minutes. Cool in the mold before pouring it over to the grid. Cool completely. Share in 3 teams (or as many as you get). Have vanilla cream and strawberries between each layer. Stir pan with sugar and decorate the cake with lots of cream and edible flowers like violins.
Child Friendly Housing
– Of course, it is a lot because of the children we live in such a residential area. Here they have friends in almost every house over the street, “says Hanne Mette.
Of course, it results in the children running in and out of each other, a scenario that many people can recognize in.
– Yes, the kids run freely around, and the adults in the field look at each other’s children, “says Hanne Mette.
– It makes us feel safe and comfortable to live, she adds.
Hanne Mette and Jarle bought the house key clarified in 2009, and moved in that summer.
Both are originally from Sørlandet, but lived a few years in Oslo.
– We wanted to come back and decide when we should have a third party, says Hanne Mette.
Both Hanne Mette and Jarle are educators and work in kindergartens, but when they are free, they love to care in the house and garden.
The first Hanne Mette did when they moved in, putting a personal touch on the workshop.
– We’re pretty home-loving, maybe that’s why I’m so interested in creating well-being and food around me, believe Hanne Mette.
She has always been an aesthetist, but emphasizes that the home should be functional.
– It is certainly allowed to climb the sofa. But still it’s going to be good, says Hanne Mette.
Shortly after they moved in, Hanne Mette started blogging, and eventually the blog Huseby Living has become one of the big.
– I read some blogs when we were going to decorate here, and since I love taking pictures, it became natural to make my own. There I get out of my creativity and it’s fun with response, “says Hanne Mette.
Like other bloggers, Hanne Mette finds many of his ideas in this sphere.
– We have created our table after Mrs. Hardys dining table, says Hanne Mette.
Mannequin and Girl Kitchen
Although both Jarle and Hanne Mette like to set the house, there is no equality at all points.
– Inside, I probably decide most, but Jarle largely agrees. However, I can only forget white flooring, he has put his foot down, says Hanne Mette.
Tujahekken against the road was a compromise.
– I would love to have stakittgjerde, but Jarle thought we had enough things to be painted and kept in order. That’s why it became “manneck”, as I call it. And I can live with that, so says Hanne Mette.
Hanne Mette’s favorite room in the house is the kitchen.
– I’m not the one who loves to cook at any time, but I’m really enjoying the kitchen, says Hanne Mette.
You can see it on both muffins and softcakes. But there is another place Hanne Mette thrives better.
– I love sitting at the kitchen table, she says.
Right behind the kitchen table stands Hanne Mette’s display case, which she still cleans. A fact that has also been well documented in her column in BoligDrøm – the interior blogger.
Kitchen luck despite the fact that the Huseby family is going to get along properly, they are sitting in the big corner sofa.
– There’s room for everyone when we get together with popcorn and a fun TV show or movie, says Hanne Mette.
If you want to see more from Hanne Mette’s home, you will find it in the latest version of BoligDrøm, which is on sale now.
Home at the Interior Blogger Snow
A different blogger
From a good to a nice cottage
How far is “a stone’s throw”?