If you choose tiles, you have a choice of options.
What are tiles?
- Tiles typically consist of burned clay, stone, glass or composite materials. The tiles are glued on waterproof surfaces and the fractures are sealed.
What’s the benefit?
- Easy to clean.
- Large selection with untrue possibilities.
- Many reasonable alternatives.
What’s the disadvantage?
- Can be smooth to go on.
- All tiles have a certain water absorption, and the joints are never completely dense, so there are great demands on membranes.
- As the membrane is hidden behind the tiles, it is difficult to detect a possible leak.
- Expensive: Replacing the tiles is costly and comprehensive.
What does it cost?
- Price differences are high, but quality differences are less important since it is always required that the substrate is completely dense. From $ 50 / sqm upwards.
Read more about tiles at Byggkeramikkforeningen.no.
Wet paint – benefits and disadvantages
Woodwork – Pros and cons
Bathroom Panel – Pros and Cons
Wet vinyl – advantages and disadvantages