Residents trusted the architect when they built a new entrance hall.
The walk was three times as big
There was a brown 60’s house in Oslo. A crooked exterior staircase led to a narrow wind farm. The children’s family lacked armor and missed much more storage and wardrobe space.
– With the hall of 1.5 square meters we were not very well used; The hallway was challenging for a social and active family, “says Anne-Sophie Kvikstad.
This was how civil architect MNAL Kristian Vårvik came to work. He recorded the family’s need for more space and their desire for an airy entrance party that seems in the terrain. It should be painted in a contrasting color, but not too red. The result may be well visible in relation to the plans. Because when the residents were to buy the beech, the original color did not buy. Plan B was implemented.
The architect bought some color samples of a fresher variant. After some testimonials, he received clear feedback from the residents that this was dull compared to the original colors, but they trusted the architect and went for a glowing entrance.
– Although strong, it’s organic, and it creates a more exciting expression than if we had chosen a more muted tree, says Anne-Sophie.
The Worst Refurbishment Labs
The new Entrance Party gained ground access. Here a spacious hall was established, covering two floors of solid glass surfaces against the entrance.
– The best thing about the extras is the space experience, the light and the contact with the outdoor environment. Now we feel that nature enters the hall. We have deliberately used natural materials like terrazzolives and details in oak. The tiles are laid in one large area to emphasize the connection between the outdoor and indoor areas.
The windows in the room cover both the first and second floors. The bathroom on one side and the home office on the other has windows facing the hall and also benefits from the light.
– From the gallery on the second floor we can look out at the courtyard and watch the children’s activities, or watch visitors who call and wrap them in.. Previously, I looked straight into a dark wall when I got out of my bedroom in the morning – now I’m right in the gallery and enjoying the panoramic view.
In the hall, a concrete bench combines with the floor. A long, open wardrobe with shelf space is adapted to family needs.
Built house in the cabin
– I think it’s amazingly delicious with a proper wardrobe. It accommodates our needs with jacket hanger, shelf shelves and shelves. We have chosen to drop doors, something I think makes the entrance party more personal. In addition, we moved the laundry room down to just inside the front door, which is extremely convenient, says Anne-Sophie Kvikstad.
This was built to
- The traditional carpentry panel that the house was originally dressed was replaced.
- Wall, ceiling and window area in the entrance hall were stained and marked with a warm orange red tone.
- The roof over the entrance is dressed with soaps of zinc.
- The entrance party got glass facade over two floors to pick up nature.
- Velice-free terraces are used on the floor in the hall and outside the front door to emphasize the relationship between the outside and inside.
How to hang up your photos
To brighten the yellow panel
Take advantage of the space below the stairs
The tabs you should avoid in the garden
“Concrete house” in concrete did wonders with the detached house