Here are the heat sources that do more than heat up.
Bill. Dark: Dark and glowing
This is the cheapest heating
To keep the heat inside
We have been used to the fact that wood burning stoves still come in new designs that make them more than just a heat source in the fight against the winter cold.
Something else has been with the traditional panel ovens, and maybe even the smaller radiators.
However, this is about to change.
Has been “unoriginal” so far
A radiator does not look like a radiator. It may as well be an auspicious wall or a harp.
Or what about a full-size deer?
Radiators with decorative ambitions, often called design radiators, are nothing new. But in Norway, there has been little interest in this genre to date.
It is about to change, believes the head of the Norwegian Interior Architects and Furniture Designer’s National Association (NIL), Trond Ramsøskar.
– It’s a Norwegian phenomenon that everything should be so real. Things do not seem to be anything but what they are. A speaker should look like a speaker, a radiator should look like a radiator. But now we are about to dare to get us more loose, says the NIL leader to Click. no.
Radiators and ovens are mostly associated with engineering, engineering concepts such as watts, cold rays and convection. Material selection, colors and design have been of secondary importance.
– But when a technical object goes from being an element of purely functional tasks to becoming a decorative element, the woman often engages more, Ramsøskar believes.
According to the interior designer, the selection will eventually flourish.
He has not yet used decorative heat sources in his projects yet.
– I do not mind that in a short time, maybe in a year, we will look at radiators and panel heaters with the same design look as we see on ceiling and table lamps. We not only want light and heat, but something that is also nice to look at.
Think of convector heaters
But not everyone in the industry shares the interior designer’s belief in this product category.
– An oven like Heatwave is a very special product. It is more a wallet than a heat source, “says consultant Knut Lyng, consultant at radiator supplier Lyngson.
– We have not sold any of them yet, and do not think either this is something people want in the living room, says Lyng to Click. no.
The radiators think Norwegians will continue to choose radiators that look like radiators in the future too.
– However, I think so-called convectors will become more and more popular.
This is a category of furnaces that allow air to circulate through waterborne heating elements so that the room is filled with comfortable warm air – as opposed to radiant heat, where the heat is so radiant right from the heat source.
The convectors also take up little space and are easy to embed and hide.
Waterborne and electric
Some radiators require you to have a home with waterborne heating system. It will be a plumber job to install the radiator to the plant.
Decorative radiators online
Design your own oven
However, other radiators can be used independently of waterborne heating, and simply connect to a wall outlet.
Such radiators are filled with liquid, often vegetable oil, which circulates in a closed system.
These, like electric panel heaters, allow you to assemble yourself.
The choice is not always between highlighting or hiding. Many radiators are designed to perform more tasks than just heating up.
Someone can replace a regular stairgear while others can act as mirrors.
Still others can complement the image wall, because now you also get panel heaters where you choose the subject.
This way your best shots can now spread more heat than ever.
To avoid heat pump problems in winter
Ten fast climate measures
Do you have to brush up? Check our refurbishment calculator
Think a little too well about your own children