The whole cabin is dressed in veneer, both outside and inside.
Maybe Norway’s most beautiful cottage
This cabin is world class architecture
This cabin is only 14 square
There are times when an old cottage has to be renewed. Someone makes some changes here and there, others grab and change the whole cabin.
This cabin in the archipelago outside Gothenburg was originally a tired cabin from the 50’s that got an extension in the 70’s.
– The idea was to build a new one, but the house is on an island without car possibilities, so the result was to be renovated, says architect Johannes Norlander to click. no.
Finder on all sides
House Morran, named the cottage, is dressed in veneer slabs, both outside, inside and on the ceiling.
– This is a flirt of the traditional wooden house movement located along the coast, but at the same time it should be a bit more modern.
The use of veneer plates should also give an impression of something temporary and simplified.
Year built: 2010
Architect: Johannes Norlander Arkitektur AB
Location: Gothenburg Archipelago
Size: 80 m2
– And then I think it was cool with veneer.
Exterior is the veneer plates treated with black tar.
– This is a new type of wood tar, with black pigment, expands Norlander.
The travel agency kept
Although the cabin from the 50’s was tired, most of the travel agency still stood, and that the cabin retained much of its original shape.
This was done because the desire was to keep the terrain as it were.
Place is for sale
The cottage was quite different than planned.
The challenge was to create some of the small funds, and the interior was much warmer than what I usually draw, says the architect.
Did you get fascinated by the cabin?
Norlander concludes that the place is now for sale.
The cabin is made of aluminum
This cabin is 23 meters long
See all the inspiring interior images
– 7 out of ten children have bad shoes