Curved surfaces and white walls; This way the apartment looks bigger than it is.
There are expensive square meters in the city. To live centrally and in the center of the city often requires that you are willing to sacrifice some rooms and some space for location. Many townspeople struggle with small and in need of apartments, and it may often be a challenge to try to figure out how to create more light and air in a dwelling that appears as both narrow and dark.
But fortunately, it’s both good advice for those who live compact and, not least, great examples of how to “fool” more space using color choices and interior.
In this smart apartment in Poland, according to the design and architecture site, Freshome has used both smart color choices and visions to trick the eye into believing that the apartment is bigger than it really is.
– The apartment is not big, explains architect Tomasz Jasizski of AJOT Design Studio to the site.
– But it works now after refurbishment optimally on all levels for the resident.
The first step of the architects when this two-story apartment was to renovate was to find out how the owner of the apartment lived and lived and used the rooms.
How to hide your home office
The solution we found immediately was to place both living areas, kitchen and bedrooms on the first floor, so the bulk of use was done on a level, explains Jasizski in an email to Bonytt. no.
In addition, we were able to accommodate a home office, as the owner of the apartment, who works as a designer, often takes his job home and needed an efficient and functional desk where he could work undisturbed and as if he were in the office.
Curved edges give more space
In this way, the architects released the second floor, which in principle is just a loft with raised ceilings, into a zone of recreation and relaxation.
On the loft, the architects have used a familiar, but often little, used trick to create more space: Curved edges.
– It may be that this apartment in clean targets is not that big, explains Jasizski.
– But design and layout solutions weigh up for this, making it a functional home for the resident.
Hide the shower, the freezer and the wardrobe in the wall
The curved lines and shapes used on the specially designed furniture on the second floor guide the eye around the room without hard edges or stopping points, giving an illusion of more space.
– Additionally, the skylights provide plenty of light and help the floor, which measures less than 40 m2, simply does not feel cramped and closed.
Utilized crutches and hooks
The architect explains that using built-in furniture they also released some valuable floor space in the home.
“Staying in a small space, you may be better off finding creative solutions in place – and storage problems,” explains Jasizski..
– And not least, be critical of what you really need and what you can do without.
The architect explains that the curved lines add a softness to an otherwise tight design.
– Walls and furniture with the organic shape make the eye follow the shapes and drag around the room, explainsJasizski.
In this way you will be led to believe that you are surrounded by more space than you really are. And by specializing in a piece of furniture, the room is often stripped of nips and loose components, which also creates a feeling of more space, and that the architectural details get their way.
In this house they have dropped walls
The kitchen in the apartment took place in the hook under the stairs, which also saves space.
– It was obviously a conscious choice to place the kitchen here, explains the architect.
– In this way, the resident has a functional and relatively large kitchen without the need for unnecessary space in the room.
The owner of the apartment, who works as a designer for the plant Aquatic Plants Studio, had a wish when it came to the apartment’s color scheme: Green.
– We knew that in order to maximize the feeling of space and light, we had to invest in as much white as possible, explains the architect.
But in the bathroom, and also on other minor details, we have added the owner’s favorite color, which puts an extremely personal touch on the property.
Here you will find inspiration when you need to enter
To better utilize square meters
This house is extra special
Stay smart in small space