He never found a skillfully crafted suit so he either designed the cabin himself.
Created their own summer paradise
Hefty cottage on Jomfruland
Half cabin hangs in loose air
This cabin we do not want
Roger Samdal tells in a click. nos tool forum about his cottage project in Valdres.
Among other things, he designed the cabin himself using a 3D drawing program.
– It all started because I wanted a cabin and eventually found a cabin site I bought, he tells Click.com
Then he contacted some craft dealers, but quickly concluded that if he had to get what he wanted, he had to draw the cabin himself.
– There would be too many compromises if I had chosen a skill camp.
Draw the cabin after the furniture
In collaboration with a friend of construction engineer he ended up with the digital drawing program Autodesk Revit, which he took advantage of the opportunity to try out for 30 days.
– It was a bit of trial and error before I learned how it worked, and it should probably be said that it requires some computer-based insight to be able to get into such a program.
The drawing program he used was laid up so that the furniture was placed already in the beginning. This meant that the cabin was, in turn, designed around the furniture.
In addition, some of the furniture was specially arranged to make the most of the space.
For the same reason, the furnishings in the bedrooms were space-built.
The cabin is ready in four days
The finished drawings were handed over to the factory in Lithuania in late May.
The final technical calculations were made. Two months later, at the beginning of August, the cabin returned to finished items.
There was a busy cabin owner who looked and looked at when the cabin was hoisted in place. You can see the entire job step by step here.
– What was the big excitement was if the cabin looked down on the wall because there was no room for very big deviations. But it was the millimeter’s vote and it was amazing to see how quickly the cabin came up.
– They started a Sunday afternoon, and on Thursday it was set up.
The cabin is 90 square meters, with four bedrooms and accommodates nine guests.
– It is a compact cabin, and therefore there was very little room for mistakes, but everything voted. I have built the beds myself to make the most of the space .
Easter 2008, the cabin was ready for use, but it was not until this year that it was completely finished, both inside and outside.
– The most crucial thing for succeeding in such a project is to plan in the smallest detail so that everything fits and hangs together.
Took longer than planned
Throughout the process, there was much to read up for Samdal, for example in connection with the outside work.
“It was my first terrace and slate platter, so much had to be learned first. Fortunately, there are good building descriptions online “, he writes in his post on Utility Forum.
He also had to get into construction jigsaw.
While the factory in Lithuania was a dream to work with, the Norwegian contractor, who was responsible for the project, did not quite upset. Therefore, I had to put myself into the bustadopplæringslove to know what rights I had, Samdal told clicks. no.
Although the project took longer than planned, it is still a very satisfied cottage owner Samdal who has moved into his cabin.
– The cottage has become exactly as I wanted, so in retrospect I am very glad that I completed the project.
– I was absolutely not afraid of this , he says .
Ideas for the interior design of the cabin he obtained from the permanent cottage exhibition at Hellerudsletta.
– I also found inspiration in the furniture catalogs of Slettvoll.
When Samdal was to find the right color for the interior bee, he ended up mixing it himself.
“There were a number of pint boxes with interior bays to arrive at the right color mix for the walls,” he writes in the Tool Forum, saying that after 10 exams he was pleased with the result.
The total charge
Total, including a landing price of 500. NOK 000, Roger Samdal’s cottage project cost about NOK 2 million.
And the project has got its own website where he has presented a detailed description of the entire project.
Everything about the interior of the cabin
Self-Employed Project with Environmental Benefits
You can draw your house yourself
When craftsmen are at work