Removing dead material is one of the first things you can start with.
Are you cutting the hedge correctly?
The Worst Habbas
How to clean your garden furniture
Most of the lawns have now emerged from the snow, and the time has come to lay the foundation for a beautiful lawn.
However, according to gardener Dag Arneson, the lawn may be allowed to rest a little before starting.
– The worst thing about the lawn now is overpriced gardeners.
Remove dead material
The next thing, according to Tore Lassen, of the final planner supplier Nordre Gjølstad, is to remove dead material on the lawn.
– For example, you can use a rigid plastic drive or a railroad drive so that you get ripped off, he says to click.no.
And if there is still some ice or snow left in a shadow, you can speed up the tin by sprinkling ash or dark soil on it.
Once the lawn has dried up, fertilizer must be used. And it’s important to add fertilizer now.
– Then you can use something called horticulture, says gardener Dag Arneson to click.no, which tells that many people contact him about moss in the lawn.
– Moss is an evergreen growth and will therefore be prominent in the lawn in the spring. Therefore, allow the grass to develop slightly before fertilization. In general, the moss is due to lack of grass growth.
Caution with Calculation
However, according to Arneson, caution should be taken with caution because it may work against its purpose and prevent grass growth. The reason is that too high pH inhibits the formation of chlorophyll.
– It will only be lime if the soil is sour, but generally, most Norwegian lawns do not have a low pH value.
A sensible rule is to lick every five years, adds Lassen, which explains that you can submit a soil test for analysis at an analytical laboratory (external link).
When the grass is allowed to grow a little, it’s time for the first cut.
– Let it grow a few centimeters before cutting it, Arneson advises.
If the lawn is damaged as a result of fire, Arneson’s advice is to make a 50-50 mixture of soil and sand fills up with the pit created by the ice fire.
– Also mix grass seeds into the mix.
Beyond the summer
When the growth in the lawn has progressed well beyond the late spring and early summer, it may be a sensible supplement with so-called summer fertilizer, which is applied in a good rainy weather, or after spreading afterwards.
How to get moss-free lawn
To succeed with the finishing touch
Find great tips in our interior guide
So high solar factor needs the children