Trespon gives your house wall architectural qualities, so you do not have to brush or paint.
According to Ecobox, the Architectural Association’s environmentally friendly building department, the focus of recent years on environmentally friendly construction methods has given the tree a renaissance.
Trespon has been tried as an outerwear.
“In several construction projects, in recent years, we have used or wanted to use trespon as roof and / or facade cladding materials,” writes Ecobox.
However, there has been some skepticism associated with trespon as an outer covering, among other things, in terms of resistance to rain and water penetration.
However, a survey (pdf) conducted by SINTEF Building Research shows that chipboard as an outerwear has at least the same qualities as traditional tablecloth.
Tips for adding trespon
The laying of trespons is essential for the best results to be achieved:
- The duct should be mounted so that rain that penetrates the air gap is drained. The drain opening at the bottom of the garment should be at least 5 mm wide.
- The chassis must be fitted with an air gap rear and an opening for the air to flow in and out at the bottom and top of the wall
- Manufacturers of sponges must prepare clear installation instructions with illustrations and documentation of suitability in use.
Source: SINTEF Building Research
This is a prefabricated cabin
This is the house of the future
– An architectural point of view has trespon qualities rather than other cladding, but it has been linked to the rain’s rain density and drying properties. With this survey we have shown that trespon has at least as good qualities as normal dressing, says research manager Berit Time at SINTEF Building Research.
In addition to the architectural, trespon will also provide a finishing win.
According to Berit Time, most sponges are untreated, and there are many examples of their well-being.
– With good quality wood and proper assembly, it can generally be said that the trespon has the same life span as other cladding.
One of the most important features of an outerwear is the ability to dry quickly.
You do not necessarily have to dress your house in new materials. Old garments can also be reused as outerwear.
Building research shows that sponges have as good drying properties as traditional clothing.
Two different types of spontaneous tests were tested. chipped and sawed. The claws dried a little faster than it said.
Important Layout Method
The response was also tested against water penetration, and it was found that the clipped sponges were tighter than both spun and normal cladding.
However, to achieve the best result, it is important that the splinter is properly laid, with adequate overlap and reorganization.
With all type of cladding it is important to consider weather conditions and weather resistance. Changes in weather require better maintenance of the house’s cladding.
Trespon at Solan and Ludvig
The Aukrust Center is one of the newer buildings where Trespon is used as an outerwear.
The building was opened in 1996, and so far the experience is only good.
– In these 13 years we have not had to replace a single chip. Just enough, some of them have curled because they are probably wrong, but the garment still exists as it was laid, says the head of the center, Gunn Hvamstad.
She emphasizes that a good result is dependent on the sponges being added correctly.
The manufacturer Eilo Wood has delivered the rods to Aukrustsenteret.
They call spik cord for rodents, because many can understand trespon as particleboard, Elling Elsrud tells us.
– We supply stinging from pinewood pinewood, “explains Elsrud.
Core woven is extra hard and withstands high climatic loads.
Some also make spikes of spruce, but it depends on where in the country it will be used, Elsrud explains.
There is also a little difference between ceilings and walls. The roof gets three layers of spikes, the walls 2.5, says Elsrud in Eilo Tre.
Learn more about:
How to treat your external panel
How to make the master chef ribs
Check when you should get children