Previously, the toddler family had to queue to get into the hallway. Then they incorporated the booth and got three times as much romp space.
The family of two adults, two children and one dog bought the dream house outside Oslo. It was just a chin, the hall of 4 square meters was sad and inconvenient for an active young child.
Next to it was a self-contained storage room that served as a universal storage facility.
Marit and Thomas Riset saw the opportunity to tear down the wall into the living room, thus gaining triple area.
The residents were helped by interior designer MNIL Linda Lien who helped turn the little chaos into a cozy hall.
The former floor was torn down, lowered and rebuilt with tiles. Under the tiles, heating cables were laid so that water spills dried up quickly.
Simple and smart tips for a neat time
The wall of wallpaper was high on the wishlist, as did the bench that contributes to a pleasant environment in the new hallway.
The wardrobe solution is hidden behind two frosted glass doors and a mirror door.
And the smallest have got their own low-key wardrobe . As the resident himself says:
– We have gone from cramped chaos to the kioshall with large wardrobe and seating possibilities. Both adults, children and dogs have gained more order in life.
Interior Architects Tips
Two front doors turned into one, what happened?
– The road between hallway and cage was demolished and two exterior doors were unnecessary. That’s why I placed a window in which the door to the living room was earlier.
– How to get an optimal wardrobe solution?
– Small children easily wear clothes and play in the hallway. If it becomes too much mirror, all the mess doubles. Throwing three pairs of shoes on the floor, it seems like six; so we decided for one mirror door and two white glass doors. The interior of the cabinets is flexible and can be changed according to the phase in which the family is located. It’s a good idea to look ahead when investing in quality.
– How to get the right mood, even in the evening?
– With pendulum lamps that can be dimmed down to “moon strength” you can create a nice atmosphere in the evening by lighting candles when guests arrive.
– Do you have any suggestions for walk-in furniture?
– In addition to the wardrobe itself, it is nice with a seat bench. This makes it easier to put on foot shoes. Besides, it’s a nice waitress.
– A large chest of drawers, each with a small toy tray, is nice with children in the house.
This cost the transformation:
Floors, tiles, heating cables, joints etc. $ 19,000
Plasterboard, screws $ 1000
How to get the words in the garage
Wallpaper, wallpaper, $ 2900
New window, $ 8500
Glass door from Swedoor, NOK 7995
Sliding door wardrobe, NOK 17,950
Decor, wardrobe, kr 5960
Lys, Bauhus, kr 950
Lists, panel div. , about. kr 2200
Miscellaneous paint, $ 1300
Bench, kr 2000
Chest of drawers, kr 1695
Skoyler, kr 470
Knagger, kr 895
Dog bed, $ 400
Lights, kr 1800
Skinn, kr 149
Door mat, kr 99
Div. electrical material, NOK 1025
Total $ 76,288
Get the order in your hallway
You smart storage tips
Check the view from the cabin
Built house in the cabin
You have not seen this restoration