Refurbishment and choice of interior
Who: Trude Fosseide, the man Rasmus Bjerkan and the children Vigleik (3), Aslak (5), Trym (8) and Snorre. Trude works at Cornelia’s House and is active at Instagram with @eclecticdecoration.
What: Detached house of 287 sqm at Klæbu, two miles south of Trondheim. The house was built in 1984, the family moved into January 2015.
Why: The family took over a property that had not been done since 1984. Most of the interior was covered with pine. Now the home is timeless, with bright colors and a dark interior that creates contrasts. Here it is decorated so the family can easily make changes.
Everything is not in black and white at home by interior designer Trude Fosseide, but her interior style makes it easy to make changes.
Today the home is bright and open, but it was not like that at the age of six, the family took over the house a year ago.
Floors, walls and ceilings were covered with yellow pine.
– There was nothing done inside since the home was built in 1984, so it was ok for us to change the layout. And the yellowed pine was the first to get away. I instead chose timeless classical materials that are not influenced by trends, she says.
Fort lei colors
Fosseide has been working on interior design for a number of years, including decorator. And even she thinks that’s one of the reasons she quickly gets bored colors.
She must have a simple frame so she can change frequently, and she does.
– I painted the walls with white lime paint to make them completely matte, and most of them fit. In fact, I have never been fond of colors on the walls. The time others painted in turquoise and had a border and chest panel, I painted all white – and was certainly seen as nonsense.
The article continues underneath the image.
Relaxed interior style
For her new home she chose solid pine floors. They came light and finished from the manufacturer, they were beautiful to look at and good to wear.
– Floors are heavily underestimated. To me, the floor is like the shoes in an outfit, it’s the prick over your i-one. That’s what makes it all in place. Where we lived earlier, we had yellow oak floors and it did not get anyway whatever I did with the rest of the interior.
I never found the phrase I was looking for. She and the man have made money in the frame itself, like bright walls, floors and ceilings. But the owner must also have something darker and a little heavier into the house.
– I like a bohemian, exotic and relaxed interior style mixed with Nordic vintage cats, and I find fine old Norwegian things that fit in, I’m happy.
Dark kitchen island
The kitchen of the house is equipped with a solid, dark kitchen island.
The owner has dreamed of a black kitchen since 1997. That was the year she studied interior design. Then she had been really tired of the fur kitchen kitchens, which everyone wanted at that time.
– I almost thought there were no other kitchen variants. But it was before I hit my teacher who had a black kitchen, and for almost twenty years I dreamed about it. Now I finally got my black kitchen. It was about time. The whole family is much in the kitchen, and beside the floor, it is the kitchen that is our priority at home.
The article continues underneath the image.
Good storage options
I got the carpenters to build an extra shelf behind the kitchen sink. There will never be enough space for things.
– What about four children aged three to nine years, how do you manage to keep the style?
– I make sure to have storage options at all levels. In the living room we have a chest of drawers where we clean away all the toys. It’s not neat in the drawers, but nobody sees it. In addition, we are good at deleting things they grow from, and we throw broken toys. We are quite strict in teaching the boys to take care of things and that they do not think it’s just buying new.
Faith against home style
Even the resident emphasizes that she is faithful to the home style. It happens she finds things she likes, recently there was a striped vase, but she does not buy if she does not know it fits in.
– There are alternatives, and it’s better to start small and do not mess with everything at once. It’s nice to know what’s really missing. My advice is not to buy a picture because the wall is empty. Wait for what you really want to pop up. If you think so, things come by themselves. It is in any case my experience.
Want to read more such things? Sign up for our newsletter and follow click on Facebook.