This house can be turned on to work optimally, summer and winter.
Have you ever thought that “I wish the living room was a few meters bigger” or “Sure, it would have been great with more space now that the big family comes to dinner”?
It has sometimes been helpful to change our homes a bit when the occasion requires it, but for the vast majority of us it will be with the dream.
But not for this family in Iran. According to the design and architectural site Arch Daily, they built a house that is not only impressive 1400 m2 in the first place, but where you can also reduce or expand the living room and terrace as needed and season.
Retrieved the idea from traditional homes
According to the architects in the Next Office architectural firm, it was the site that helped determine how the design of Sharifi-ha House should be largely.
– Like many other urban plots, this was also narrow towards the front, but it lacked breadth, it resumed depth, explains architect Alireza Taghaboni to Arch Daily.
– So here was the challenge of being able to create something floating and three-dimensional out of a two-dimensional facade.
And the architects did not have to look long for inspiration.
The cabin was an old boatyard
The way people can open or close the house is in many ways a reflection of how traditional houses in Iran are designed, explains the architect.
– Here, you had either arranged the living room so that it invited for days spent indoors, a so-called Zemestan-Neshin, or winter living room. In the summer, however, it was common to “turn” the living room and had doors open outside so that the garden or the terrace became part of the living room. This is called Taabestan-Neshin; summer living.
And just such a solution, the architects at Next Office were suggested and designed for their customers.
– Sharifi-ha House offers residents an open or “transparent” living space with large, well-known terraces, explains Taghaboni.
– These are perfect for use in the summer. Under Tehran’s cold and often snowy winters, one can more or less “shut off” these outdoor areas, which means that the whole house seems to be shielded from the winter on the outside.
The idea is that the house should be as functional and habitable no matter what season it is.
How does the house work?
The 1400m2 house is distributed over seven floors, the Design 2 of the Design Website, the first two floors of which are equipped with their own gym and home-style, and a separate floor is dedicated parking of the family cars.
The second and third floors are reserved for family areas such as living room and kitchen, while fourth and fifth floors are used for bedrooms and bathrooms.
In the top two floors you will find guest rooms with attached bathrooms, as well as storage rooms
This house in England is built of garbage
– The core of the house is the void in the middle, which helps to make all floors appear as bright and open, explains the architect.
– Specially-built “bridges” tie together the two structures that together make up the home.
Even the basements can benefit from natural daylight when architects “walked in” the walls of the top floors to get a glass ceiling.
The house caters to users
The architects explain that the main objective of the home was to create a home that adapted to residents and their way of living and using the house.
– The house caters for what is needed, Taghaboni explains.
For example, one of the guest rooms can be utilized as something else when there are no visitors to visit, and in the same way, both home and breakfast rooms can be snuffed and made more or less formal, as required and desired by the owners.
Turn the boxes
If you drive past, you can not expect to see the house
According to the Design-milk website, Sharifi-ha House consists of four main components, the actual “skeleton” of the house, the void in the middle, the fixed parts, and the moving.
– When the moving boxes are closed, built sunshine and daylight capture through the void, from the top to the bottom of the floors, the site explains.
– In this space are also the bridges that tie together the two different parts of the building.
The exterior of the building was also included in the calculation when design and design were decided.
From the time we started to plan, we noticed three beautiful pine trees on the plot, explains the architect.
Then it became important for us to get these into the design of the house.
Now that the house is “opened” to the outside, the big windows hit the beautiful trees.
The house is “twisted”
This house has magic walls
Do you sleep badly? Then you should do as these house builders
Here is the world’s most expensive house