Only a bridge connects the extension with the mainland.
There are numerous solutions to the challenges with extensions. Probably almost as many solutions as there are homes with extensions. The Sollingen family in Germany may have chosen one of the more special solutions. The entire enclosure is set on stilts, for the benefit of anyone who comes into contact with it.
– The developer wanted a wooden house that would bring joy to the family’s son and friends for many years to come, says architect Andreas Wenning to click. no. He is employed by the architectural firm Baumraum, which specializes in wooden houses.
Old and new
The origin of the entire project was an old house to be restored.
– The house was refurbished with great commitment and considerable use of resources, explains Wenning.
In addition, the surroundings were clearly upgraded, including a wall of natural stone, the planting of indigenous plants and the construction of two ponds. All of this made the area an experience for a nature lover, and in that way the place became perfect for building a wooden house.
That’s not the case of a house built in wood (that too) but a house raised among the trees.
Located in the middle of a pond
As a wadding bird travels, one of the ponds extends. A gangway, which is attached to a trench line, connects with solid ground and prevents the entire construction from flying away.
This is actually a church!
– The moment the idea was born to place the building in one pond, the project was raised in two heights and with the bridge leading visitors, explains Wenning.
Two trees are located at the beginning of the bridge, piercing this and forms a portal that welcomes the guests, who on their way to the embankment almost get the experience of floating over the water.
In its wet bird’s poem stands out and looks beyond the little pond, guarding watchfully the life that is in the water and in the surrounding area.
The family dropped windows when they built houses
– When standing there on the bridge or inside the house you can see both fish and frogs in the water, and if you’re lucky, even a deer can show up on the width of the pond, says Wenning.
The building is located perpendicular to the bridge leading to the building, which rises closer to eight meters above the water surface.
12 iron rods, anchored in concrete foundations in the bottom of the dust, keep the entire structure up. The bridge from the embankment to the ground is anchored at both ends and is also fought in the trees.
Built in itself has the form of a convex body cut in two, so that it creates a heavenly expression where it is placed outermost on the bridge. An arched underside, however, also contributes to a downward movement.
The building consists of two floors, with a living area on the first floor and a sleeping area on the second floor. Total is not built on more than 11 m2 in ground, while the terrace and the bridge is 26 m2. The two floors are connected to an outer ladder.
– In both floors, it is good for both the person who wants to sit and the one who wants to sit down. And in the evening, you can stay in the top floor of the building and take a look and thought through the curved window in the ceiling and towards the starry sky, philosophizing Wenning.
The owners of the apartment at Fredensborg needed more light, spaciousness and airiness