Bites, sucks and claws. This way you get rid of bed animals.
Farm animals are a blood-gluing pest that has increased in number in recent years. See how to detect the creeps and get rid of them.
Summer is a feast for insects and pests of various kinds. Some insects, like mosquitoes, are troublesome all summer, without being dangerous. Other insects can damage your home or cabin.
But summer is also holiday time, and many choose to travel away, and then go to other countries. In accommodations like hotels, holiday villas, tourist cabins, hostels and campsites, there may be cases of a pest known as mollusc. Should you stay in such places this summer you should be extra careful.
Characteristics of molluscs
The feline is a reddish brown insect with an oval and highly flattened body shape. As an adult it is 4-5 millimeters long and 3 millimeters wide. Preform and development depends strongly on temperature and nutritional access. The animal can add 1-5 eggs per day. In total, a female puts 200-500 eggs during their adult life.
The vertebrate, formerly called veggelusus, is nightly insects that suck blood of sleeping people. It is not known that molluscs can transmit diseases, but the bites can cause rash and itching. The insects can survive over a year without food (blood).
The animal is found indoors throughout Norway. The pests were almost extinct in the 50’s, but have had a bloom again in recent years. Farm animals have been spread all over the world with people and are happy to accompany you in your luggage.
In recent years, the incidence of farm animals has again increased in numbers worldwide, including Norway.
Currently there are over 1000 new cases a year in Norway. They are everywhere where people live or stay overnight, but only indoors, “says Preben Ottesen from the National Institute of Public Health..
Temporary accommodations such as hotels, cabins, cabins, cabs and hostels are therefore particularly vulnerable to attacks. To avoid getting bitten or at worst, bring the farm animals home, there are certain precautions you should take.
How to detect wall animals?
May be a little worse
– The adults are half a centimeter, the young cities are smaller, explains Ottesen.
Look for black excrement spots, empty larvae, eggs or live animals in folds on the mattress, on the bed linen or along the edge of the bed and the like. Farm animals are the most common in cabins and hostels, but increasingly in hotels and private homes.
If you find early to discover that there are wall animals in a room, fighting will be much easier than if the insects have time to multiply and spread to many rooms.
How to get rid of bed animals?
If you have discovered bedbugs or signs of bedding in your hotel room, you must contact the hotel staff immediately.
It’s quick to get the pests in your luggage so it’s advisable to freeze it if you know there has been a wall animal where you lived, informs Ottesen.
If you find it at your own home, you should contact a pest company.
Measures you can take home at home
– Fighting of molluscs is most effective by combining several methods available to the public health institute. Still new methods are being tested, and here are some of the measures that the National Institute of Health proposes that you can do at home:
How to get rid of banana flies
– Start with a thorough inspection of your infected room and other nearby rooms.
– Vacuum mattress, bed basin, blankets, furniture and other places to remove as many veggies as possible before further processing.. Destroy the vacuum cleaner bag and the cold or heat-treated vacuum cleaner before using it in a wall-free room.
– Machine wash all washable fixtures at the highest possible temperature, minimum 60 ° C.
– Attached mattresses and other items can be cold or heat treated. An alternative is to discard these. Discarded furniture should be destroyed so that they can not be reused.
– Items to be shipped for processing, storage or disposal must be packed in solid, tight packaging to prevent spreading of molluscs.
– To minimize possible hiding places for molluscs, unnecessary items should be removed from the room and cracked sealed.
– Insecticides should not be used as the only fighting method, but only in combination with the above-mentioned points.
– Wait until the pest company confirms that a room has been cleaned for wall animals before it is taken into service..
– Re-inspect yourself very thoroughly previously infected rooms weekly for three months to make sure that the molluscs are gone.
– If you get home animals, extensive treatment is required, concludes Ottesen. Then it’s best to use a professional company.
Here are the coolest interior pictures
Check if you kill correct snails
Harlekinmarihøna is a monster
These parents get the happiest kids