With a basic plan for the garden you save a lot of work.
Two trendy haggers
Now you have the chance to wipe out the snails
How to save half-dead bushes
Here’s the year’s hobbies trends
The worked garden of architect Tord Kvien lies at his grandmother’s house in Nordkjosbotn in Troms.
For many years, the beautiful ornamental garden has passed to Tord Kviens grandma.
This development would have nothing to do with the architect, and he went to full action with new garden architectural plans, heels, shovels, bark, gravel, robust crops, wheelbarrows and knot plastics.
And the reward was huge. Here he shares his best tips for a easy-going garden with you.
– You can save a lot of work by planning the design of the garden and the garden for a longer perspective, says Kvien to Click. no.
He even gained much inspiration, both for easy organization and “operation” of his garden in Balsfjord in Midt-Troms, by a visit to the famous British Sissinghurts garden in Kent.
White all over
Here, among other things, he got the idea of making large, contiguous beds planted with white flowers.
– Choosing the same kind, a nice and robust species over a larger area in the garden, facilitates purchasing and maintenance, believes the owner.
Black top spot
In order to keep gravel paths free of weeds, you can put underground gravel, thus black crust plaster, under the gravel.
These are the animals than non-woven fabrics that many also use, but it is more solid and lasts for many years.
Crash Plate as Standing Edgewall
Cut the tape to the tape, approx. 20 cm tall, they can be used as hidden walls between bed and hedges.
This solution is both pretty, saves cutting edges and prevents bigger roots from going into bed steals nutrition.
The top of the plastic is placed at the terrain level.
Decorate with forest bottom
Whole flakes of forest floor can also be cut and lifted out of the terrain as large “teppefliser” and laid on the ground in the garden – where you do not want the lawn. Such flakes are incredibly beautiful to look at, and they are maintenance-free. But they can not stand in a hurry.
Keep the original
Be aware that there should be no other types of growth during such creative forest flooring.
In that case, they would only grow up through the heather and disturb the original vegetation.
Sustainable local growth
– I have chosen to use a variety of local hardy plants, perennials and hedges. These are very robust and last year after year, also through the most extreme winters here in Lyngen. Then you never have to dig up crops and plant new ones still away and it’s very work-saving.
Withstands drying periods – without watering
These well-proven crops, including rose root, are so well adapted to the local climate that they can withstand the drying periods we have in between in summer – without irrigation. This also saves me a lot of time, says the owner.
Be selective when designing the lawn
Avoid too many free-standing plants in the lawn another one of his advice.
It’s very time consuming to cut around these little islands in the middle of the grassy steppe.
Do not go too large fields in the garden where various single plants stick through the gravel deck.
Managing Way With Way
Do not fertilize your lawn too much. Then it grows even more and so powerful that it requires even more clips. This causes you unnecessary extra work.
One way is enough
– I fertilize only in one round with dairy compost and lime in early June. It is buried a bit down the ground around the plants.
Hedges are lawned by lawns
– I demarcate the most fragile hedge plants, such as roe sprout with grassland. That means I cut shots from rotters in the lawn.
Stop all growths
Large pebbles and gravel canals can of course also make use of as delimiters of slightly unreal growths that grow easily.
Market Decker 1: Bark
– Otherwise, I use bark in rause porsches that mark over larger arals. It prevents seed strain from establishing itself. This makes the entire area of my garden totally maintenance free.
Market Decker 2: Gravel
Pebbles and pebbles are also used as land coverings in special places, sometimes with non-woven fabrics. This solution requires clearing of leaves and twigs by hand each spring.
See more at
How to get rid of moss and weeds
Many choose the wrong tuy
How to get greener lawn than your neighbor