The architects plan the house around the family’s three women.
Good architecture can be so many. A building that “interacts with” in a unique way, focuses on nature and the environment. A home that is fully adapted to those who will live there. A building that is both aesthetically beautiful and additionally works as it should. There is little doubt that exciting things are happening on the architecture front during the day, both at home and elsewhere in the world.
Being able to interpret a client’s unseen desires and dreams and turn them back into home and reality is an architect’s greatest and most important job, the renowned Peruvian architect Hector Suasnabar has previously stated to Bonytt. no.
Drawn the house for three women
According to the design and architecture site, Homedsgn, it was just a consideration of who would live in the building and how they would live, who ran the architects of UID Architects as they designed and designed this house outside the city of Onomichi, in the Hiroshima region of Japan in 2010.
– This family consisted of a mother, her two daughters and a cat, explains architect Keisuke Maeda to Arch Daily Archaeological Site about the project they gave the name Nest.
– The family had a wish for a home that was both modern and cared for, and not least, utilizing the beautiful view of the mighty nature of the forest outside.
Nature should be in focus
How to search to find cool stairs
When the family of three came to the architects of UID Architects, there was essentially a wish that was in focus: They had bought a beautiful land in an area that consisted mainly of untouched nature at the foot of a mountain on the outskirts of the city.
– They had previously lived in the city of Onomichi, and now wanted a home where they could live less hectic and more close to nature, Maeda explains..
– The nature around the plot is rich in sensory experiences, and largely raw and pervasive, and this was what we wanted to take in the design of the residence.
The architect explains that much of the inspiration for the home consisted in the fact that those who were supposed to live here were women.
Women have their own proximity to nature, approaching it in a different way than men. We wanted to give this family a home that gave them both the home and the belonging to nature they would love to have.
Relax the forest
Large windows do not just fill the house with daylight, but also allow your eyes to walk outside the outdoors when you’re inside.
– We had to think again when it came to architectural elements like floors and walls, Maeda explains..
– We wanted the link between outdoors and outdoors, nature and architecture to be something new and different.
And the result is certainly both new and unique:
In the first floor of the house, zones are connected to each other through what most of all looks like a tunnel in concrete. This runs out into what the architects themselves describe as a sort of anthem – or a focal point.
– The entrance door of the residence brings you directly into this hub, explains Maeda.
– Although at first glance it may look like the house consists of different zones and parts that do not belong or are linked to each other, one will eventually discover that all the different elements are actually closely linked , and that only after discovering this could look at the architecture as a whole.
Planted a tree in the middle of the house
As the family wanted a home where they could be close to nature, the architects went up a little further and fetched nature into. A hole in the floor on the second floor of the house makes room for a tree planted in a giant box that “floats” between the floors.
– The box collects leaves and branches that naturally fall from the tree, Maeda explains.
– This means that from different places in the home you will have a strong sense of being not only near nature but in many ways in the middle of it.
The architect explains that the idea of the tree was that the inside of the home should reflect the outside.
The most striking thing about this house is without a doubt the environment, Maeda explains.
– To be able to use this, both through windows and openings in the building itself, and also by bringing nature into it, became of course a priority. The house will feel like a giant tree, which protects and shades from the elements, where you will experience either a sense of openness to the elements or the opposite at different places in the house; a sense of being protected from them.
Hide the shower, the freezer and the wardrobe in the wall
Inspired by Women
The architect compares this with the way women are family protectors and safe ports.
– This being a protector, a mother figure, was undoubtedly something like the inspired architecture. And made that this house looked so good for its inhabitants.
The interior of the residence, measuring 121 m2, is based on an open plan plan.
– Another grip that was inspired by the women who live in the house, explains Maeda.
– The open zones and rooms involve communications and conversations, and allow family members to stay close to each other, even though they are engaged in various activities.
Dream away in nice interior inspiration
Check what the architects did with this dark tight house
All rooms in this house are in the staircase
This mini-house is shared by two families