Three building bodies of different colors form the framework of the modern house.
This architectural designation of the murmur with the extremely clean lines is relatively large. 400 square meters are divided into three separate urban volumes to make it not dominant in the landscape.
The plot of the house is on a phenomenal view of the sea, and this also influenced the design of the building, says Professor Eremitus in Arittektur, Bengt Espen Knutsen to Bonytt.com
Norwegian contemporary architecture
This is a current piece of Norwegian contemporary architecture, such as this reused Biri dwelling designed by Jarmund and Vigsnæs, the distinctive Asker House by Professor Einar Dahle and the dramatic Rennesøy concrete villa signed Knut Hjeltnes.
Hearing here at Holmenkollen
The ancient farm is like an adventure
– To customize a house to the landscape, as I did with this brick villa high in Holmenkollen, does not mean that the building must have a traditional style expression. The important thing is to make the house belong to the place where it says, says architect Bengt Espen Knutsen to Bonytt.com
– And I think this villa does, no matter what kind of tag attached to it. Functionalistic, modern or other concepts.
Customizing a house for the landscape can take place in different ways. It can, among other things, subordinate to the environment – without losing independence.
The entire family lives on 11 square meters
Or you can create a contrast that emphasizes and emphasizes nature.
– All this is about making good architecture that is natural on the site, Knutsen emphasizes to Bonytt.com
Colors with strength give harmony to the place
– In this project all exterior colors are earth colors. And the idea behind this is that they should make the house stand harmonious to this particular landscape. Values are not chosen for the house to subordinate, but they are picked out to have their own strength.
The main idea behind the building is that the three building volumes are gathering around an internal hall or square, which is open through two floors, says Knutsen.
– Adaptation to the mediocre has unfortunately appeared to be a point for some politicians and construction agencies for some time.
Here I chose to neutralize other buildings in the area by creating simplicity and weight in the new building, the architect extends.
– This is a striking example of how a skilled architect manages to utilize as simple building materials as the Leca block to create unique architecture, commenting Ole H. Krokstrand in the brick organization building cleaner. no.
VG`s Archival Criticist Lars Elton has, in a detailed newspaper article, characterized Bengt Espen Knutsen as a continuity architect who, during his career, has drawn a series of beautiful cabins and residential buildings.
Is this Bærum’s coolest villa?
– They usually have a tight exterior with clear cubic shapes, says Elton to Bonytt. no
Daring architecture gave success
In the book Norwegian Architects; Bengt Espen Knutsen, who came in 2009 with pictures of Jiri Havran, writes author, Professor Einar Dahle, the following:
– In the steep terrain, three wall volumes strike upwards, each with their color. A tricolore in saturated earth colors: terracotta, marrone and oker, the expert believes.
– This composition is a success – and the concept bold.
So smart can a mountain hut become
The villa looks like it floats
Is this Norway’s toughest villa?
Do you live in such a clean house?
See, here’s the capital’s new tourist attraction
Made the superstore and the cinema in the basement
Now, the cool mini-cabins come
Here you will find more exciting architecture