White paint and new furniture created rooms in the small apartment
– We want everything in Connie’s home
Living in an old money store
Rural in drabant block
The 34 square meter apartment in Kungsladugård, Gothenburg houses one bedroom, kitchen, hallway and bathroom. The size may be small, but the owner has accommodated everything she needs. A refurbishment of the interior has made the apartment bright and open, with a rural expression.
– I have renovated all the surfaces of the apartment, says the owner Rachel la Chenardière.
– When I moved in, the wooden floor was tired and untreated, so I chose to paint the floor white. The old kitchen had originally some bad cabinets from Ikea that I chose to tear down, and under the cabinets I discovered some awesome panel walls.
The idea behind the changes was to create rooms in the apartment, explains the owner. The kitchen was very crowded before I brushed it up and by inserting open shelves, the kitchen got a bigger and more airy expression.
It also gave me the opportunity to present my finest porcelain. But it actually took a year before I dared to paint the floors white, because I was afraid it would take dirt and be inconvenient. But it made the whole apartment much bigger.
It is Rachel La Chenardière who himself has furnished the functional and bright apartment. She was keen to maintain the old style and wanted a rural expression.
One thing I was noticing was the age of the house. The apartment had many well-kept details, such as the windows around the doors and windows and a dining room / kitchen area in the kitchen. I would try to be faithful to the original, and not create a modern interior. Therefore, the base became rural, which can easily be changed with the help of furniture and small items.
White is a walking color in the apartment, and it is a conscious choice from the owner’s side.
– I like using white as a base because of my love of furniture and things. Every single thing I own has an impact on me, a soul and an expression. For every thing to get well-deserved attention, it’s best with white. It had become very messy if I had patterned wallpaper or the like,
Smart in small space
Although the apartment is small, it has a smart floor plan with practical solutions.
– It worked really well to live there, tells tells Rachel La Chenardière. I had plenty of storage space in the form of a large wardrobe in the hallway, and a spacious dining room / kitchen area in the kitchen.
Rachel La Chenardière became acquainted with the interior and furniture world, which has characterized her interest in it as an adult.
– I grew up in an antique store my parents were driving, she says. That’s where I got my interest in furniture and old things. When I was a little, I walked around the store and looked at all things, and watched my father painted old French furniture. These days, I plan to launch an online store where I will sell old items and interior items.
The apartment is found via Stadshem
Here are the coolest interior pictures
Country Shops Online Shops
Do you want to be updated on interior and home fabrics? Sign up for Click Home Newsletter
This way you do not work out