Furnishings of bedrooms with different styles
How to get the style
Whether you’re going to brush up your bedroom or just be on an inspirational hunt, these four bedrooms from Bonytt are lovely to rest your eyes on.
All four are widely different, and almost whatever your taste, you’ll find something you like.
Below you can inspire light blue walls with a strong contrast in blue, Gustavian style with wallpaper and classic furnishings, fresh and lush style with textiles and natural materials and dark mystery with a glamorous sprinkle.
One thing is for sure; The bedroom trends for 2016 are maximalistic – both in terms of furniture and textiles.
Want to read more such things? Sign up for our newsletter and follow click on Facebook.
Blue eye catcher
Bright walls and white painted floors make the blue colors get the full attention of stylist Tone Kroken. But probably it must turn a new favorite color next season.
When the interior designer Tone Kroken was going to decorate her bedroom, it was important for her to keep it light, airy and delicate. The solid ceiling height gave her good help on the road, but the stylist also had some tricks on her hand.
– I chose to use blinds instead of curtains. Heavy fabrics in the window can make the room feel smaller. I also put legs on the bed so that it did not get so high. A low bed gives an illusion of greater ceilings, says Kroken to the magazine Bonytt.
Color choices, light fabrics and pillows are also important when the hook fits on the home. With light walls, white painted floors and a dust blanket, the room appears just as delicate as she wants. But contrasts are important and she has put her love on a saturated blue color.
And right now, it plays the lead role in the room. But the interior designer likes to change the details and colors, and suddenly one day the chair is turned to the dining room table in the living room. The blue color that goes back in the bedroom was chosen on the basis of the bedcloth, which is also one of Krok’s tricky solutions.
– It’s actually the bedspread that puts the colors for this time. I dropped a skirt for a velvet style from Mulberry, and wanted to sew a bedcloth off it. Since it was quite expensive, I sew a robe on a regular sheet, and so I did not have to buy metal fabric with textile.
It’s the mix of used and new that gives the room soul and warmth. The style calls the hook for Bohemian. In fact, only one piece of furniture is bought in the bedroom, it’s the blue Eames chair.
How to get the style of Tone Crochet
Mix used, new and home-made. The interior of the hook is a random mix of things she has picked up on her way. Something has she got and something she has bought cheaply or used. Decorated with fabrics in different materials and with different textures. The hook, for example, combines wool, linen and velvet together to create tension in the interior.
Mix materials. Coarse woodwork is a great contrast if combined with smooth surfaces like marble and glass.
Emphasize the color usage. Let the large flats have bright colors and earth tones, and break up with an accent color, such as blue, as in the room of the hook.
Choose light floors. The hook seems white floors do a lot with a room and painted the floor white to create a bright and airy environment.
Back to the past
The newly built bedroom reminds me most of an old French castle.
But we are not in France, even in a 19th century castle. We are at Torshov in Oslo, home at the hospital and interior consultant Anitha Trier.
– I love Gustavian style, wallpaper and classic furnishings. To me there was no alternative to decorating tight and modern, “says Trier to the magazine Bonytt.
The bedroom is new of the year, and together with the bathroom next door, the rooms make up 25 sqm in an extension. Before that there was a tool shed here.
– The main house is part of the protected wooden building on Torshov, so we have to be restrictive, says Trier.
Ceiling height is important
Therefore, the extension is just as big as the shelf that lay there, also the light opening is as it always has been. There is a simple, small window that overlooks the private backyard and the garden.
– Restrictions are ok. When I could not get more or bigger windows, I decided to make a cave here. The wallpaper and the classic furniture create intimacy and warmth, it’s important qualities in a bedroom, says Trier.
The best thing about the room, though, is she’s the height of the ceiling.
– Here I can go upright. The old bedroom was on the second floor, and there I had to go hooked, “says Trier.
The bedroom is largely furnished with things Trier had before. Only the wallpaper and the pillows are new. The next interior project is to find a bedspread.
– I’ve been looking for the perfect textile for the headbed for four to five months without finding anything. But now I think it is approaching. It will be somewhat solid, something with texture. I have to show some moderation too.
Be inspired by Anitha Trier
- Play different patterns on wallpaper and textiles, but stick to a color palette and pattern from one and the same time.
- Make sure your bedroom gets stuck, said it’s a good place to be. Fill it with soft fabrics.
- Decorated with classic furniture. Get inspiration from the Gustavian style.
A Nordic, lush room textiles and natural materials
- The interior designer is decorated with bright tones, plenty of textiles and natural materials.
- Natural touches, true as the material in the nightstand, the candlestick with inspiration from nature, the plumage of wool and pottery in paper, adds a pure expression.
- The furrow floor is retained. Pine and other light woods are typical of a Scandinavian / Scandinavian style, giving their own moodiness. To make it smoother it is painted.
- The plants create fun and contribute to a lush touch.
- There are room for some surprises in the room, true as the lamp shaped like an A, and the image of a horse on the beach.
- The niche in the wardrobe breaks up the big white surface. Even though it is small, it helps the closet to not become too dominant.
Styling: Ida Lundquist
Dark and masculine glamor in the bedroom
A bedroom desert mystery with a glamorous sprinkle.
- Materials like steel, marble and glass are important features.
- Tight, slightly tight shapes are left in the bedroom.
- The pillows with its pattern emphasize a masculine style.
- The plants and pots in the room match the interior’s tight, masculine expression. The same does the bedspread and the nightstand.
- The masculine dares a glamorous sprinkle of gorgeous pillows and a rude and feminine mirror. The whole room has a luxurious expression.
- The soft carpet makes the room luncheon.
- There is space for decor on the bedside table, but you can also hide an extra mattress or wires.
Styling: Ida Lundquist