Thus the garage became the new favorite room.
There are many examples that the garage can revive as something completely different from what it was originally built for.
This garage in the Netherlands has been transformed into a modern and great home office.
According to the design and architecture site Dornob, the owner of the barley, the renowned furniture designer Hugo de Ruiter, wanted to use the unused garage as an office.
He was very aware that he did not want to feel as if he was sitting in the garage and working. So here was some change.
For the remodeling and furnishing of what he has called Studio R-1, he hired architects from the Dutch firm Architecten | en | en.
In a green suburbs just outside the city of Eindhover in the Netherlands, the home is home, and now also the office for the Ruiter, which is known for its modern sofas and seating modules.
– The goal here was to create a cozy yet full professional home office for the client, who often meets with potential customers from the office at home, explains Joost Verbeek at Architecten-en-en Architectural Office..
– We decided early in the project that the office had to get an appearance and a style that put it in a special position compared to the rest of the home. That way, it became clear what was home and what was the office and studio of the designer, who largely work from home.
This was done
The first thing that was done was to replace the traditional garage door with a glass front. This can be pushed to the side to open the entire garage so that light and air can flow in.
When the front is open, the metal doors make the office protected from access from the driveway by creating a temporary wall, or barrier, on either side of the office. The inner glass door may also be open even if the metal panel is closed.
– This was important to ensure that the flow of fresh air could still work, even in rainstorms or other extreme weather, the architects explain to the eco-design site Inhabitat.
The car garage became one of Oslo’s coolest homes
On the outside, a small elevated platform leads to the entrance, creating a compact patio area, which in turn helps to make the garage a professional and functional office.
Made a metal mask
The most important thing was that, on the outside of the actual barley building, a kind of metal mesh was added, which in turn contributed to the illusion that the office is a separate unit relative to the underlying house.
The roof was built obliquely, so that a striped glass, which was lying south-facing, ensures both the flow of light and the fact that it again creates a visual distinction between house and office.
The slanted ceiling changes the dynamics of the interior as well, creating a sense of light, air and more space feeling in the new office.
The new metal extension extends the garage both outward and upward, which adds space to both depth and extra height.
For 60. $ 000 this cottage can be your
– The exterior is clothed in a kind of perforated aluminum shell, explains architect Joost Verbeek at the architectural office.
– These look in many ways as they are merely a natural extension of the house’s original roof, which means that the extension seems to belong to it, but still has its own identity.
The garage proved to be the perfect size for a home office according to our client, Verbeek says with Architecten | en | en.
– It’s small enough that he does not feel alone when he’s sitting and working, but also spacious enough for him to meet with more clients and customers without the room feeling crowded or too little.
How to get the words in the garage
There is no doubt that the compact office has a modern and functional style.
Designer Hugo de Ruiter explains to the design and architecture site Arch Daily that the best thing about the new office is to avoid commuting to an office in the city.
– I did not want to sit at my new office and feel like I was working in the garage, they explain the Ruiter to the site.
– That was the main goal of the conversion.
The architects explain:
– The fact that the garage could be used as an office made this house the ideal way to combine a living and working position for our client, joins Veroek at Architecten-en-en Architectural Office..
The cabin was completely transformed
One plus is that the modern office now adds a lot of light and air into the rest of the home as well. Natural daylight flows into the home office / studio and also contributes to the flow in the rest of the home.
Decorated with unique bargain from BonyttBazar
Smart home office and nice guest room in the same room
Encourages kidding kids
Why not just build a house of old pallets?