Are you cold? Here are 10 cheap wood burning stoves that also look great.
The darkening time becomes so much nicer if you have a nice fireplace or oven on your side. However, a wood burning stove should no longer only heat the house – design and appearance are today as important as heating power. Below we show you 10 cool fireplaces, which do not cost your shirt, giving you the most important tips for buying wood burning stove.
The first thing you should think about if you are planning to buy a new oven, or replace the old one, is to choose the right size of the oven..
– Do not buy too large oven in relation to the area it will heat up. Calculate about 1 kW per 15 m2, and something more if there is open ceiling or connection to the floor above, Per Chr explains.. Tellefsen, construction technician for the magazine Hytteliv.
Trond Paasche, Energy Advisor at Enova, agrees.
– The most important tip is choosing the right size. Many install an overheated oven with the result that it gets too hot in the room. To compensate for this, the draft is reduced in the oven. This will cause poor combustion with a high proportion of dust dust and not least soot in the pipeline, which in turn can lead to a pipeline, says Paasche.
He emphasizes that it’s not necessarily the most expensive furnaces that are the best.
To properly fire:
– The easier it is, the faster it burns.
– Heavy wood provides the most heat.
– Oak, beech, roe, ash, maple and birch are considered the best firewood.
– Use small sprouts when firing, not large amounts of newsprint.
– Use dry wood that has been stored for a year when firing. Dry wood gives a total of two to three times as much heat as raw wood.
– Add a little at a time in the oven.
– Ensure good moves, even in the pipes. Low air supply causes incomplete combustion, strong air pollution, poor energy utilization of the wood, lowering of pipes and danger of pipeline.
According to Tellefsen, always check the maximum length of wood when buying a new wood burning stove.
– Do not trust the brochures – they differ from the instructions. Bring a standard woodcutter of 30 cm + and check that you do not have to trick it into the oven. It may be tricky if the oven is brennheit, he points out.
When installing a new fireplace, be sure to measure the height of the smoke pipe inlet on the oven and the hole in the pipe so that you get the correct smoke pipe.
– You should also check that the oven has more options to regulate the pull and use the top mounted smoke pipe if you have the option. The annoying black smoke pipe that goes one meter up from the oven before it breaks into a pipe saves you a lot of bags. Rain 1000 W extra heat per meter pipe, says Tellefsen.
Plate or cast iron oven
There is also a difference in the material the oven is made of.
– Stoves are cheaper, easier and faster than cast iron ovens. But heavier furnaces – especially those with stone material on top and sides last longer on the heat. With the heat insulating panels in the combustion chamber intact, both plate ovens and cast iron ovens will have a long service life, “says Tellefsen.
In most new fireplaces, the feeding in the combustion chamber consists of porous, fire-resistant plates that have to be replaced after a few years. The plates must prevent the heat from coming into direct contact with the metal in the oven. The life span depends on how hard you throw the wood chambers into the oven. The plates can either be purchased as metal goods and cut to or ordered as a repair kit from the fireplace supplier.
Think about the supply of fresh air
Also, be sure to modify the oven. Requirements for minimum distance to combustible material vary from oven to oven. If you have the opportunity, you should bring fresh air to the oven in your own channel, Tellefsen believes.
– You do not have to pull large amounts of cold air through the living room to feed the fire. Some fireplaces have their own connection for fresh air supply. If you plan a new pipe, consider pipes where fresh air is taken from above and directed down to the oven.
He adds that the smoke from modern heaters is cooler and has less speed.
– It could mean that the pipa worked well with the old oven now too badly drained. Is the pipa ready for a new oven? Piper with cracks has bad features and is flammable in use, Tellefsen points out.
See the hottest fireplaces and furnaces of the fall
How to get started
Here is the sound that looks good