The owner wanted a feeling of being at the nightclub in Shanghai.
Autumn’s hottest lights
This is the same apartment
How to look sexy online
Now the timber enters the house
Decorating with white is a familiar trend.
Betting all the cards on black interior is something completely different. It definitely requires her woman.
The owner of the 350-square-foot Manhattan apartment, Pr-Guru Cindy Gallop, had clear ideas about how her future home would look like.
The mission as Stefan Boublil, Creative Director of The Apartment Creative Agency , showed as follows: “At night I want to get the feeling that I’m in a nightclub in Shanghai “.
And just like that, it used to be what was previously a swim hall wardrobe for Manhattan’s oldest Christian association for young men.
Single Material Selection
– In order to accommodate the client’s desire, we proposed to aim for a neutral shell, which was as neutral as a white shouldard – as one often chooses in New York. By choosing black walls, ceilings and floors instead of white, the great art and shoe collection to the owner really comes true, says Stefan Boublil to click. no.
According to Boublil, material selection is quite simple:
– We have gone for black, blank paint, black blanket – and black tiles in the bathroom. And to get a sense of color and luxury in the bathroom, we have gone for a separate marble wall in the bathroom. Here we have collected the sanitation, says Boubli.
Furniture with leopard pattern. A chainsaw in gold with Gucci logo. Shelves that house countless high heel shoes – the pumps are so many that we can hardly count them.
A solid collection of contemporary art and antique furniture. Large parts of the interior have been gathered for a few decades – and things are from different parts of the world.
In Gallup’s apartment, it works with black, although it seems to be quite too many.
Have you noticed that the apartment lacks walls inside – even around the marbled jacuzzi? Gardiner has taken over the job for the walls. They make sure you can distinguish where you want.
To succeed when decorating with black, there are some things you should think about, according to Boublil.
– Black in itself means little, it becomes the same as white. I think you have to fill up with everything that makes you a unique and exciting person. A black apartment demands a fascinating life. Look at your life and fill the apartment with what you find interesting, “he says.
And the resident himself has really found happiness in his black home.
– If it feels dark with black walls, floors and ceilings? Not at all. First, I think Stephen’s suggestion was absurd, but with all the windows and the high-gloss black color, the apartment does not feel stuck at all. People who come here get rid of all the color accents and all the light – and do not notice that everything is black before I point it out, says Cindy Gallop to Swedish dn.
– Throughout a long period of time I have rented a house, I have always had to adapt to the home as it was. Here I have had the opportunity to do the opposite. That’s why I dreamed about something very special.
A big scene
One of the reasons that the apartment does not seem cramped and claustrophobic with its black color and its somewhat dramatic and dark interior is that it appears like a big scene – there are no walls.
Double curtains on a shine on the ceiling make the work as partitions when needed.
When it’s party, the art disappears into the cupboard – while wine bottles and other things are extracted. When it’s party the owner only shuts off parts of the apartment – and the rest becomes a big dance floor.
Also read :
Posters are back
New Style on Low Budget
Mix Ikea and antiques
Now this is harry