Skjærgårdshytta has its own fireplace in the middle of the huge “dancing” " right in front of the view.
Is this the country’s coolest cabin?
Dream hut that takes your breath away
Do you want to live in a barn?
These interior blogs should follow
In spring 2004, the Finnish architects Huttunen / Lipasti / Pakkanen strolled around the archipelago south of Helsinki. Thus they also learned to assess the possibilities that existed in the site they had at their disposal.
And the fruit of this thorough preparation we see in this modern, innovative and modern-time hangar-ship-like cabin.
Special Class View
Although the state-of-the-art “Villa Mecklin” cabin has a sundeck that reminds of the landing on a hangar ship, it is dominant and does not seem to be a stranger in the terrain.
The reason for this is, among other things, that the architect has retained all the trees on the site, and with its simple wedge-shaped profile and untreated wood material, it almost disappears in the dense pine forest.
– The Finnish archipelago is so beautiful that it wakes up our conservation instincts, “says Jan Førster, director of Finnish-Norwegian Cultural Institute to Click. no.
– And it is this commendable attitude that has ruled the architects’ work in this project, says Førster.
The house is hidden in the line, but the building offers the residents a panoramic view of the sea..
The mattress terrace means that a lot of activities are concentrated to the house, which saves the area around for funnel and unnecessary wear and tear.
Architects own project
– “Villa Mecklin” was built by ourselves, says architect Pekka Pakkanen. Therefore, we did not need so many drawings, simply because we took care of the practical issues directly on the spot.
– And that we simplified as much as possible, ranging from travel to detail, significantly facilitated the construction process, “he said..
– This is an amazingly beautiful cabin. I would almost wish I had designed it myself, “says Cecilie Wille in Morfeus Architects to Click. no.
Firstly, this is a dream home with an exemplary, humble location in the vulnerable terrain just off the sea. In addition, the way the building is situated on beautiful indoor and outdoor spaces, says the former forefront of the Oslo Architectural Association.
Are Norwegian recliners tired?
How to get the words in the kitchen
Create your own bedspread
See what the architect got with two sliding doors