The newly-moved Rykkinn villa adjoins the steep slope and opens towards nature at all sides.
This new concrete and glass villa of Morfeus Architects is located in Rykkinn in Bærum, where also the spectacular statuette hall, the architect Knut Hjeltnes, is signed..
The three architects who make up Morfeus, Cecilie Wille, Margrethe Rosenlund, Caroline H. Støvring has also previously been noted with cabins with a lot of glass, a cabin with an exciting triangular shape and a nice functional bathroom.
Maintaining nature was the most important
The main task of the very steep, rocky, beautiful and pristine Rykkinn plot with the huge view was to preserve as much of the original nature as possible, the three colleagues say to bonytt. no.
The property was painted in place on a natural site
How does the top architect live on his own Whale cabin?
Here is the world’s only world-famous villa
– The 220 square meter housing was placed on the part of the plot that suited least to stay. That is, in the transition between a cultivated garden and an area of mushroomed mushrooms, dark woodland and light hazelnut forest, Cecilie Wille tells bonytt.com
– The so-called residential features are divided into four floors, and the way the house is stepped down the terrain gave us many opportunities to create more direct access to the landscape, architect Caroline H expands. Støvring.
The living room is a viewpoint
The most sensational room, the eye catcher in the house, is the main living room, the living room with a kitchen on the second floor.
This view zone is completely in front of the house and opens in total to the landscape and gives the owners 180 degree views. From here they look from the flashing Oslo fjord and the capital to the east to lush farming areas and wooded Vestmarka in the west.
Stairs are important decorative elements
The staircase leading from the entrance on the ground floor up to the panoramic room is also a sight. It binds the two floors together in an exciting and airy way. Almost like a modern furniture in curved steel plates. The glass railing makes it light and transparent.
– The design, use of materials and location of stairs was important to us. This from first floor to floor would not share the main room on the second floor in two. Therefore, it was placed parallel to the façade, Wille points out to bonytt.com
– This solution also meant that it became a nice room divider in the first level, she adds. The active walking zone from the entrance is on the front of the stairs, while the fireplace room is located behind.
A steel staircase required least space
The reason that this staircase was made of steel is, by the way, that with steel it could be made extra buckles. It is self-supporting and only with parties up and down. Thus, you escaped powerful chases and support.
So the staircase was a supplement to the room and did not interfere with any other things in the home. The dark gray color makes the staircase slightly visible from both the inside and outside of the house. This color scheme is completely in line with the house’s other color scheme.
The house’s content of rooms, that is, what the architects call “program” are four bedrooms – and three of them are on the first floor – adjacent to the entrance and pesie. Here the family’s older children can come and go without interfering with others.
On the ground floor there are also bathrooms, stalls and technical rooms. The kitchen, living and dining room is located on the second level, while the master bedroom and bathroom are located on the next floors.
In addition, there is a wardrobe and a large kitchen. The detached garage is located on the relatively flat, lower part of the plot.
Mur is a future material
– This is a magnificent villa, comments Ole H. Crochet beach in building cleaners. no, which is an industry body for the brick and concrete industry.
– Mur and concrete moisture resistant materials. And if the construction and workmanship work is done correctly, you can forget about maintenance for many years, he thinks.
Cool contemporary composition
The site we built is very sunny and is located in a dead end near the north. The uncertainty, especially from the upper parts of the property, is magnificent – also to the north where the dramatic Eineåsen rises steeply, says the three Morphus architects.
– It was precisely this landscape we would pay attention to when we were given the task of making a house of our time.
Some of the best built in Oslo
Here they lift off the roof and build new top floor
See over 1000 inspiring interior images
Here you will find lots of exciting architecture