This kindergarten does not look like other kindergartens.
There is no one who is so creative and uneasy to stretch boundaries when it comes to both the shape and color that the child is. But it’s not often, except with paint, scissors and paper, for example, to help shape their own surroundings.
According to the American design and architecture site, Dezeen was this – and an attempt to create something new – inspired the architects of Reiulf Ramstad Architects in Oslo, when they designed and created the churchyard Fagerborg Church in Fagerborggata in Oslo.
Here you have built a kindergarten that is anything but just a building and as far from boring as it is possible to come. This is something appreciated by local authorities who wanted a building with modern expressions, but surely even more of the children who spend much of their day here.
Smart and good floor plans
There were many considerations to be taken when the architects at Reiulf Ramstad were hired to draw the kindergarten. The kindergarten should accommodate two departments for young children, two big children and of course administration, meeting rooms and dining areas for the employees.
There was also cultural considerations to take.
The house is 1400 square, but it’s not the size that impresses most
The area where the nursery should lay is characterized by buildings from the early 1900s until the mid-1950s, many of which are protected by the Byantikvaren, explains Thomas Sigsgaard Jensen at Reiulf Ramstad Architects to Klik Bolig.
– And as a requirement from local authorities and the municipality should also have a modern and new expression.
The architects explain that many kindergartens often have a little thoughtful and planned architecture, and poor solutions to space and space. They would try to do something about it in Fagerborg Church’s Garden, which in 2011 opened the doors.
– It is often seen that kindergartens are created in a random way, that it is not thought through how the rooms will be used and working together, says Sigsgaard Jensen.
– We would do something about it and create a building that should be a stimulating environment to live in for the next generation.
The architects not only designed the building itself, but also designed the layout of the outdoor areas around the nursery.
– This was the first kindergarten Reiulf Ramstad Architects AS designed, explains civil architect Espen Surnevik in Reiulf Ramstad Architects to the kindergarten magazine. no.
Stimulating environment for next generation
In nature, plants that grow and grow in the most well-behaved conditions are the ones that give the most and best fruits and berries. That’s how it’s with humans, thought the architects.
This house in England is built of garbage
– Children are tomorrow’s citizens of society and, not least, the resources we create for the future, explains Surnevik.
– Just so, it’s so important that just children are allowed to live in environments that stimulate, challenge and entertain. Kindergartens are the environment that, without the immediate family, becomes the child’s most important experience for many years.
Works for big and small
The new nursery has become a great place to be, for both adults and children.
– In the very heart of the nursery – which divides the small department and the big department in two – it is made for a large room that is going to be a common arena for all the kids. Here is a scene and own kitchen, explains Sigsgaard Jensen.
The housing complex is so easy that it must be fought
– Removable walls between all departments make it easy to close and open up, and if you want to merge the two toddler compartments or the two big ones, just open the walls.
The children should put color on existence
Inside the nursery is quite bright in color setting, but it is not made for children not to have colors around them.
– It is quite clear that we have chosen bright and cold base colors, explains Surnevik.
– The idea is that the kids themselves should color their lives and that their productions will be the colors of the room.
Therefore, the choice of granular panels fell on the walls instead of plaster.
– This also makes it easy to hang up things with, for example, stylists.
On the second floor there is a formation room where the children can romp themselves creatively. Here the kids can paint paintings, make shapes of clay or make plaster figures without the risk that the rest of the nursery is to be smeared.
Uses the light
From the outside of the building, and not least from the inside, it becomes apparent that architects use of daylight is an important element in the whole structure. Here are the big windows. Small windows. rectangular. quadratic. Triangular windows in different shapes.
Wherever you go to kindergarten departments, the light is emitted through the windows and the light corresponds across the nursery, explains Surnevik.
– Which makes the light both decorative and not least an important source for the kindergarten to appear so open and spacious.
500 year old trash residues and a used oil tank, Pers became a new holiday home
Focus on environment
Both the outside and the inside of the nursery are dressed in wood, and according to architects, the focus has been to create a good indoor environment with a high degree of low-emitting materials and good ventilation. Sensible energy solutions and smart building-integrated solar shielding also contribute to low energy consumption.
– About half the site is used for play area divided into four sections, each section having its identity with different material uses, design and texture, explains Sigsgaard Jensen.
– A hoop that shares each area with its playgrounds. In the north of the site there is a storage room for toys and equipment, and behind the living room there is a dedicated play area for the very youngest children.
Could you have stayed in a shipping container?
In this house, the rooms rotate
You never guess what this house is made of