Furnishing and refurbishment of a small bathroom
Decorating and refurbishing small bathrooms can be a challenge. It often becomes a compromise between conditions such as storage, area and movement.
Many cottage owners are familiar with this problem, and the solutions are almost as many as there are cabins, and they can be a good idea for small bathrooms in homes. And a good starting point will be to think through their needs in advance.
Here are some tips for you to decorate your bathroom, whether it’s a cabin or a small bathroom in an apartment:
- The space in the bathroom is often limited, so think through what needs you have. In particular, it is smart to think well through the need for storage.
- Feel free to do (if you can move it) so it’s not the first thing you see inside the door.
- If the room is large and square, it may be unnecessary amount of floor space, since most of the elements are placed along the walls. Keep this in mind when planning your bathroom; It’s not the size that determines how convenient it will be.
Bad without tiles
- Bathrooms must not have tile on all walls. It is not the tile itself that prevents the water flowing freely, but the membrane behind. Do you choose tiles, you do it for many years to come. A painted surface can be painted if desired. A shower cabinet can easily be switched off and is such a closed system that basically there is no need for tiles on the walls behind.
- There are many good alternatives to tiles. Several manufacturers have plates with a membrane layer, with click solution and appearance like tile, concrete and the like. There are similar solutions to the floor.
Mirrors can make bigger bathrooms
- Think through the style you want. Chests of drawers can be used as a washbasin, whether you have a washbasin or a washbasin. The mirror can be bought in furniture stores so that everything does not fit completely. A tight style can be softened with casual accessories and vice versa.
- It’s more convenient with drawers than cupboards under a washbasin, most drawers now have recess to drains and pipes so they still accommodate a lot. Enough knagger to hang towels and clothes on is convenient.
- Mirror enlarges – in small rooms it can make wonders. Mirroring the door you come in gives the room a nice effect.
- Three as materials have many opportunities, but may require a lot of maintenance. Check with professionals.
- Plan good enough light. With a dimmer you can adjust the brightness.
- Paint can make wonders. Most surfaces can be painted only using the right paint and doing good preparation. Perhaps that’s just what’s going to make the bathroom new.
- Sometimes new towels and replacement of small details may be the case for renewal, if your bathroom is of good quality and works well otherwise.
- Water on the way is an expensive affair, so follow the regulations and rules.