Here they lift off the roof and build new top floor.
Holmenkollen’s coolest villa is a semi-detached house
How does the top architect live on his own Whale cabin?
Utilized space of 2.4 meters maximum
Industry designer couple Kathinka Dysthe and Even Wøllo lifted the roof and built new top floor at the smoke house. Then the old roof heisted in place and all rooms painted and newly decorated.
They wanted more space and light their fifty-house at Nærsnes in Røyken This is the same problem-finding encounter with the owners of Bygdøy, Kongsberg House, Asker House and the Swan Villa on Norstrand.
But the two designers went on their own, untraditional way. They simply prefabricated a new carriage to a new top floor to the house. Then they ordered a crane truck that could lift the ceiling.
With the roof hanging in the loose air, the owners put up the new carriage that was ready, and then the old roof could be lifted again.
– For a moment, our house had “cabriolet”. After Even’s walls were in place, we had a new top floor in the house, said Kathinka to Bonytt. no.
– It sounds easy and that’s it. But for the sake of safety we had consulted an architect in advance that could calculate all the technical aspects of such an extensive operation, Kathinka thinks.
– With this we increased the building’s surface area from 59 sqm to 120 sqm. So we doubled our place.
Industrial designer Even Wøllo took care of the new space deployment, including the shelter of the living rooms in the home while the woman in the house took charge of the interior, furnishing, colors and styling.
– There are such things that create heat in a home, says Kathinka.
White to White
Because of the location at the sea, she would have white as a firm, homogeneous frame in the house. It is a solid base for everything else in the home.
In addition, both the old and the brand new top floor were fully opened.
She painted both roof and window frames in a clear white color with shine “80”. This gives clear, mirrored surfaces, as there are many examples in wooden houses along the coast, says Dysthe.
Magnifies the house
– The white ceilings make our rooms seem bigger and higher than they really are. Blank surfaces give the same magnifying effect as the mirror provides.
Only the wall of the wall in the living room has a different color than white. It is pure light blue, that is, not dirty funkis blue and is distinctly light and elegant.
The floors were painted with several coats of white oil paint. They are not mirrored like the ceiling. This would make them too slippery.
– I think white, said in a somewhat honorable way opens the horizon and the mind. Muddy to dark, gloomy colors create white vidsyn.
– Some claim that white is a dull color. I disagree with that. White is found in a plethora of variants and the color is excellent as a visual frame for the most part.
White and wood baths
The bathroom is also bright and friendly. Here the designer Wøllo has made a bathroom furniture in oak. Oak is by the way a material used as a review topic throughout the house. Thus, the various rooms in the dwelling are linked together to a whole.
The house in Ski was rescued by an extension
The cottage has buried bedrooms
See over 1000 inspiring interior images
Get Click Home Newsletter