It does not have to stand in the bathroom.
Tiles, vinyl or wet room paint?
Here are the largest interior trends
Refurbished bathroom with pure conscience
The bedroom you never get tired of
When you build or brush a bathroom, it’s natural to ask yourself where the bathtub will stand.
Underlined: Where in the bathroom should the tub be placed?
When May Berg and Roy Stokvik built their bathroom, they thought outside the box – literally. Why not pull the bath out of the bathroom and place it inside the bedroom?
There are several good reasons for this. But there are also some reasons to go against the flow.
A touch of spa
Not only have the residents acquired a bathroom and bedroom no one else has. Now it’s a spa aura resting over the room.
Here they can lower the body into warm water and enjoy the view of the eastern edge of the skyline through the large glass doors leading out to the balcony.
But back to the disadvantages:
– The solution is probably not particularly family-friendly. This is the spa department, the daily shower we take down the bathroom, says Stokvik.
One thing is water spills on the floor, another thing is temperature differences. While a good bedroom should be cool, the bathroom should be warm.
It does not concern residents.
– As long as it’s hot in the water, it does not matter that it’s a bit cool in the air . And the room is big enough for we do not risk moisture problems.
Got expert help
The residents were assisted by interior designer MNIL Kathinka Dalseg for the project in connection with the magazine Bonytts series “The interior designer helps you”.
– Dalseg gave us the security needed to choose bold solutions, “residents said.
Basically all possibilities were open. The apartment was a blank, two-storey volume in a newly built Selvaag block on Tøyen.
Thus they were also free to lay in a glass floor at the exit of the balcony. This dramatically increases the space feeling on both floors.
But this is not a typical family-friendly solution, all the time you wander around in your bedroom in a pantyhose or nightgown.
The interior is characterized by clear geometric touches. The zone that together consists of bathroom and bathtub is curved at each end. The grip does not only make an eye-catching and decorative element in the interior – the round shapes also bear that this is a body-friendly arena.
The soft finds its contrast in the one bedroom wall and the rack, which together make up a black cube.
Prizes over i and
The most eye-catching geometric feature, however, is the round disc that floats over the bath.
Interior Architects Tips
- Weigh with wetness. Do not be afraid to choose colors that nobody else has. The colors that are best for you can not be found in the trend image right now. Choose bold colors, but stick to a few.
- Use accent colors. Use colors to create or emphasize geometric shapes. For example, you can create a cube by painting two adjacent walls of the same color.
- Avoid mas. Strong visual elements can compete and thus weaken each other. Concentrate on few focus points, and make sure that there are also muted features in the room. To avoid a hectic expression, we chose quiet, sandy tiles in the bathroom.
– It is obviously the prick of your i-one. Now we feel that we have a sunrise every single day.
The solar circle put them on the track of a Japanese expression. Thus came the ginsenget, the low, almost hovering bed, and Isamu Noguchi’s rice paper lamp soon in place.
In addition to interchanging interdisciplinary expertise, they did not go away to suck their own breast. The dressing of the bathroom is Stokvik’s pride.
Those who have been visiting Snøhetto’s opera will instantly draw a spell on the oak panel that hits the wetland zone.
This is how the bathroom is functional
Check what the refurbishment costs with our calculator
Do you have to brush up? Try the refurbishment calculator!
The best family holidays