See the interior designer’s tips.
A bathroom can range from the simplest niches with a sink to the spacious bathroom with all imaginable facilities. In small apartments and in the cottage there is usually less bathroom, where smart solutions are required to take advantage of the space.
SEE MANY INSPIRING PHOTOS AT THE END OF THE CASE.
Before the bathroom is decorated it is important to plan well. The space in the bathroom is often limited, so think through what needs you have. In particular, it is smart to think well through the need for storage. If the room is large and square, it may be unnecessary amount of floor space, since most of the elements are placed along the walls. Keep this in mind when planning your bathroom; It’s not the size that determines how convenient it will be.
– In small bathrooms, the solutions for storage are important. It is more practical with drawers than cupboards under a washbasin, most drawers in the furnishings on the market now have recess to drains and pipes so that they still fit a lot, “says Hytteliv’s interior designer Siv Brenne. think also through the style you want, she continues. In the cottage, most people want a casual feel. In the bathroom, chests of drawers can be used as a washbasin, whether you have a washbasin or a sink. The mirror can be bought in furniture stores so that everything does not fit completely. A tight style can be softened with casual accessories and vice versa.
In the cottage we use a lot of wood, and wood as material has many possibilities, but may require a lot of maintenance. – Check with professionals, advise Brenne.
– Also consult with professionals and check the regulations before commencing renovation or simple refurbishment of the bathroom. Check especially what you are allowed to do yourself and what must be done by approved professionals. Water on the way is an expensive affair, then follow regulations and rules, she says.
Smart tips for bathing:
- Feel free to do so that it’s not the first thing you see inside the door.
- A shower cubicle is a safer and more closed system considering any water leaks than a tiled shower cubicle with door or curtain. But the cabinet is somewhat more cumbersome to clean due to door rails and more, and it may be difficult to get to the backside.
- There are many good alternatives to tiles. Several manufacturers have plates with a membrane layer, with clamping and appearance like tile, concrete and the like. There are similar solutions to the floor.
- Mirror enlarges – in small rooms it can make wonders. Mirror right next to the door when you enter, the room gives a nice effect.
- Paint can make wonders. Most surfaces can be painted only using the right paint and doing good preparation. Perhaps that’s just what’s going to make the bathroom new.
- Plan good enough light. With a dimmer you can adjust the brightness.
Below we show the interior expert’s ideas for different solutions.
In the first drawing, the same room has two completely different expressions. The width of the room is 200 cm, the seat is 80 cm, the remaining 120 cm can be used for decorating.
The two plan drawings below show two different floor solutions for a small 130 x 200 cm bath.