Be sure to take your precautions.
When all the locks of heaven open, there is reason to take their precautions. It is about moving away from things that could be damaged by a possible flood, and if you have the opportunity, you should try to keep the water away from the ground.
In such situations, with heavy rainfall in a short period of time, it may be sensible to keep an eye on local streams and see if they are flowing where they are going, “says Hydrolog at the NVE Flood Guard, Lars-Evan Petterson.
– You should also monitor off roads and streets to see if they are able to remove the water.
And there’s one thing you really need to keep in mind, so it’s this: Water conducts power and can lead to short circuits. Therefore, take electrical fuse fuses for the floor if you should flood home.
– Want to limit damage
This is what you do when the flood hits
Gjensidige established its warning service in autumn 2012 and has had good experiences.
– We do this as a clean service to our customers, and we hope they perceive such a notice as an invitation to take the necessary precautions, including by visiting our web sites and following the advice we provide there says Rysstad.
– Even if you are insured against natural damage, it will be beneficial for all parties to manage to reduce the damage.
He emphasizes that such a notice will not be consistent for a possible claim.
– It will not be that if you do not act as a result of our notice, it will be important for your claim.
Rysstad says that they have good experiences with this service.
– One of our customers has told us how the message from us made him secure boat and brew in southern Norway before the storm entered.
– Keep track of streams and humps
Pettersson at NVE’s flood guard advises people to watch local streams and turn off the street and road.
– For example, check that the swallow is not tampered with twig and broom, and if you have experience from similar situations and know that floods may occur, you should ensure items that could be damaged.
Finance Norway has made a list of advice for those who want to make the most of flood damage. They are advised to ensure that the doors and windows to the basement are closed and cover with sandbags if necessary.
The rest of the list is as follows:
- Remove large twigs and objects that can prevent free watering. Move them to a place where they can not be taken by the water.
- Clean the garden for furniture, loose materials, grills and objects that can be taken by flood water.
- If there is a danger that water may enter the basement or garage, objects should be lifted from the floor. Put items in shelves, shelves and plastic containers that can withstand water.
- Remove loose carpets and other loose floor coverings.
- Follow on news releases and local government messages. In the event of a major incident, government measures may be taken.
- Agreement with neighbors or friends to take action and keep an eye on your house if you are not at home.
Doing this by flooding
If the damage has already occurred and the water has flowed into the basement, Finance Norway can also afford you:
- Be sure to secure the damage site so that no further damage occurs. Keep people away from buildings that may endanger or break the ground.
- Empty the building for water that is not clean. The fire service can help with pumps.
- Water conducts power and can lead to short circuits. Therefore, take out electrical fuses for the floor that has been flooded.
- Underwater water heater / electrical equipment must not be used before the equipment is checked by an electrician..
- Tear out floor coverings / carpets.
- It’s important that you take care of things you want compensation for. In many cases, we send a taxpayer or one of our partners to assess or correct the damage. Take pictures or movies of the damage. These can be used to assess the amount of compensation.
- Good ventilation dries out water. Take out / open windows in the basement and fasten the netting over the window with barges nailed for proper sealing. Leave the interior doors open.
- When someone is at home, additional doors open in the basement and possibly. external doors and windows in damaged housing. This helps speed up drying.
- Limit damage to the building by washing out sludge and cleaning.
- Check that the drain is not tight when the building is being used.
- Has the cellar entered the floor construction of wood – and this has been flooded – will the taxpayer or remediation agency consider drying out or possibly demolition.
- Buildings at risk of “flooding” must be docked, possibly. the basement must be filled with water. The fire service can help with pumps and hoses.
Simple steps stop the burglary
The dog tags you save can cost you hundreds of thousands
Finding the best mortgage
Pay the craftsman over the web bank
Looking for good interior ideas? You can find them in the Inspiration Guide
Are you awake, you can save many thousands