The owners collected several features in a central box on the 1st floor and dressed it with mirrors.
This apartment in Berlin, as shown on the Freshome website, has taken the stage even further for the use of mirrors.
Here you have simply built a giant box in the middle of the apartment and dressed it with mirrors.
There are countless examples of how the use of mirrors and shiny surfaces can visually help make room bigger.
In this home it appears particularly well. Here the light is thrown from the large windows on the top of the town hall around the room, and the luxury and functionality unite in a spectacular way.
The architects Oskar Kohnen and Fabian Freytag from the architectural office LecaroliMited in Berlin are the minds of this special loft apartment.
The architect office LecaroliMited is not unknown in the home country and has the reputation of striving for design that is both luxurious, unusual and quite special. Something they must be said to have succeeded in this undeniably special loft apartment.
Patterns, colors and surfaces in mirrors contribute to a modern expression in the two-story apartment, which extends over 400 square meters on top of a city hall in Berlin.
– The apartment has an open floor plan, something the owners wanted to emphasize, says architect Oskar Kohnen to Bonytt. no.
– And we wanted it to reflect the owners’ desire for a modern and luxurious lifestyle in the best possible way.
The city of Berlin has become known worldwide for exciting architecture and innovative design.
– The concept behind the design was a mix of retro and bling, the architects explain to the site Yatzer.
– The mirror surfaces make the interior of the apartment constantly change, both with daylight and also that they will always reflect who’s in the room and what’s going on.
An illusion of more space is created when the light is reflected and most are familiar with the phenomenon that the use of mirrors can help increase the feeling of space and light in a home.
It was a wish from the owners that as much space as possible should be preserved and that it would be made the most of the fact that the apartment had an open floor plan on its first floor. To collect the features the rooms had to be allowed, the architects built a giant box in the middle of the room and dressed it with a mirror glass.
– The idea was that the box should act as a kind of entertainment center, explains Kohnen.
– The owners hold many companies and then it became a priority to create a home that reflected this.
The mirror used to fully cover the large square was cut and customized on the spot and each piece was cut by hand to get it as accurate as possible and to create the effect the architects were looking for.
– The mirrors make every guest a unique view and impression of the apartment, the architects reveal.
All furniture and decorations were specially designed for the apartment so that they should correspond in the best possible way to the particular environment. The dining table can, for example, be varied from a 6 meter long table to a smaller consisting of four parts, which provides great flexibility in applications.
The seats in the apartment are all made so that they can not seat more than three people at a time. Some architects explain that the idea was that the entire apartment should be used for socialization.
– Details like this emphasize the dynamic form of the apartment, explains the architects of the Yatzer website.
– The mirrors make every guest get a unique view and impression of the apartment.
To create a soft contrast to the mirror’s sharp edges, the furniture is made in organic shapes and pulled in soft fabrics. Sharpness to softness creates an exciting balance.
As a contrast, the apartment’s second floor is much more private and decorated with darker colors. The reason behind this is that the second floor should be the owners private cave, where they can retreat and be more private.
Here you will find nice interior inspiration
In this apartment there is definitely a man
How to get away from children’s woolen clothes