Long and narrow building body became the solution on the narrow plot.
Wallpaper shelves Norwegian architecture
See architects dream home
Ferdighus? Yes please!
The space was not more than 14 meters wide, and it was sloping.
The challenge was to place a house on the slope.
The solution became a long and narrow building body of 6 x 24 meters.
Customization on the site
The challenge with this project was the same as in all other construction projects: How to find the good properties of the site?
– We solved it by exploring directions of heaven, view, insight, vegetation, the topography of the plot and the regulation , explains Rune Ramfelt, the architect of the house and, at the same time, owns with his wife, the visual artist Alison Legat.
– All this, together with our own wishes and dreams, formed the basis for the concept of house.
- Passive solar heating using heavy, magazine materials and large windows facing south and west.
- Exterior cladding is maintenance free: Corrugated sinus slabs for walls, wooden windows made with aluminum and fittings in zinc and aluminum. Untreated, walled walls, as well as high energy glass with sunbathing inserts and a paddle-free coating that just needs flushing.
- 50 cm insulation in the ceiling to compensate for the heat loss in the large glass surfaces.
- Well drilled heat pump and a balanced ventilation system with 80 percent heat recovery.
The house is located in a well-established villa area in Bærum, with many venerable treasures.
– Building between two nearby, traditional wooden houses, requires an architectural break, a contrast to the neighboring houses, explains Ramfelt, who is a partner of the architectural firm Marlow Ramfelt AS.
Another house of the same type would make the place a townhouse, Ramfelt’s opinion.
He believes that a contrasting form of building can emphasize the architecture of the neighboring buildings and give excitement as long as the volume is kept close to or less than the neighboring houses.
Held the vegetation
It was essential to keep the vegetation against the sea to dampen the remote effect of the house.
Almost the 300 square meter house behind old pine trees disappears from the beach.
For the same reason, gray was chosen as a facade color.
– A white house would look much more in relation to the landscape, Ramfelt points out.
The house’s floor plan has both taken into consideration the narrow and sloping plot while having the desired view.
The building body therefore moves over six levels, and for the same reason, more of the rooms necessarily had to be behind each other.
However, according to Rune Ramfelt, it was important that the master bedroom had the best location of the house, therefore it is located in the front of the house and extends to the surroundings.
– Waking up to light and views is a great start to the day, describing the homeowners happy. – And then it’s important to place the windows where light and view is best.
From salt water to tub
In the back of the master bedroom there is a bathroom, separated only from the bedroom by a glass wall.
The bathroom includes a sunken bath with its own window.
There is a spacious walk-in closet between the bathroom and the hallway.
The Good Life
The inside of the railings is glass to avoid visual obstacles to the environment.
The interior is generally characterized by minimalism, but with Alison’s artwork and a few sculptures and design objects as attention makers.
Wanting light and nature
You can live in a container
All about trends and interior
How to get your sleep routers back