You are not alone, but can not count on the help of politicians.
Most of us have bought a home, and as many have paid the document fee of 2.5 percent. Some do it without reflecting on it, while others do not understand the meaning of it and find it unnecessary and make the home purchase even more expensive than they thought.
A survey conducted by the Homeowners’ Association shows that the document fee is at least equal. Only 11 percent of the respondents perceive it as fair, while 56 percent regard it as unfair.
– It should be a thought weaver for both national and local politicians that tax on housing and property is very unpopular among their voters and taxpayers, the federal CEO Peter Batta said to the federation’s own website. The survey was conducted in advance of the municipal elections in 2011.
But for those who would like to have released this fee as an additional cost to the home purchase, there is little hope in the coming parliamentary term, even with a possible government change.
The political parties seem to be little concerned with it. Click. No have asked parties who will either be in government until autumn or be in opposition and the majority have no plans to do anything about the fee.
The treatment of this year’s state budget supports this. The Frp wanted to abolish it completely, while Left allowed to suggest that the tax should be reduced from 2.5 to 2.4 per cent. Those who have bought housing this year know that the percentage was standing.
The fee is 2.5 per cent of the value of the property.
The starting point for calculating the document fee is the sales value of the fixed property.
Residential apartments are excluded for document fees.
Transfer between spouses is excluding document fee. The same is a transfer between cohabitants, however, only in the case of cohabitation.
Transfer due to inheritance is also exempt from document fees.
Detailed information about the document fee can be found on the Mapping pages.
Source: Norwegian Mapping Authority
The Progress Party (FRP) is the party that has the most pronounced attitude to the document fee, or the “move tax” as they also call it. Fiscal adviser in the party’s parliamentary group, Brage Baklien, believes that the fee affects both those who need to move and the young first-time drivers.
– We feel that the fee reduces flexibility in the Norwegian labor market because it places restrictions on people’s ability to move on. And especially, it hardly affects the young people in the creation phase, because in addition to high mortgages, they have to raise expensive top loans to pay taxes to the state, he says to the click. no.
– The Progress Party wishes to remove this fee in the long term.
Tax on damages for document fees
The Christian People’s Party is also of the opinion that the document fee should be removed in the long term, but only to redirect it to another tax.
– We want to investigate a scheme aimed at removing the document fee, and we are looking for a substitute for a low tax on the sale of housing, “says Hans Olav Syversen, parliamentarian leader.. no.
Prioritize other taxes and fees
Right shares Frp’s concern for the young, but wishes to prioritize other reliefs in taxes and fees.
– The document fee puts a stone on the burden for young people in the housing market. In general, we want to reduce the tax rate, including the document fee. We have nevertheless chosen to prioritize cuts in other taxes and fees first, among other things, we want to raise the tax deduction so that especially those with medium and low income can keep more of their salary, says communications consultant Rikke Sjøberg to clicks. no.
A tax fee
Each year there are eight billion in document fees to the treasury in connection with the purchase and sale of housing.
– You can not grab the most serious craftsmen
The fee came into place in 1976, as a replacement for the so-called stamp duty. The reason was that a document fee was easier to manage. From the 80’s the rate has been 2.5 per cent.
According to department director Thorbjørn Florenes in the Ministry of Finance, this is a pure fiscal fee, without any direct connection with the purchase and sale of housing. Through the years, it has earned good income to the state, and it can be viewed as a form of tax.
Any tax to be reduced
During the last budget treatment in the Storting, Vesntre proposed reducing the fee, and it is also their general attitude, in addition to experiencing a weak reasoning.
-The document fee is an arbitrary tax without reasonable justification. It implies some forms of ownership, such as self-catering housing, while other forms of ownership such as housing rights are eliminated. The document fee goes special to first-time buyers since they have not accumulated large equity and therefore need to finance the loan. Left will gradually reduce the document fee, with a view to charging the fee at a level that better reflects the state’s actual expenses. In our alternative state budget for 2013, we propose to reduce the document fee by 310 million, the first clerk of the Venstres Storting Group, Camilla Hille, cites. no.
Does not care about it
The Center Party has not mentioned the document fee in its parliamentary election program for 2013 to 2017.
– This means that we do not go for the settlement of the fee or to expand the basis for it by making it applicable also for housing housing apartments, as some have suggested, says adviser in the party’s parliamentary group Dagfinn Sundsbø to click. no.
One key press reveals whether the apartment has a closing price
– No intention to remove it
The Labor Party also has no plans to do anything about it, and they do not think any removal of it will have an impact on house prices.
– Removing this fee, as some have said, will have to be compensated by the fact that one must increase other taxes or cut in welfare. A reduction in the document fee would probably have little effect on house prices. It seems therefore inappropriate to make a bigger grip on the document fee, “says political advisor in the Labor Party’s parliamentary group, Harald Jacobsen, to the click. no.
Will prioritize other actions
SV takes on some of the same attitude as the Labor Party. They do not look at the removal of the document fee as a current measure to curb inflationary growth in the housing market.
– SV will therefore prioritize more accurate changes that help everyone get a good living without risking their own finances. We want increased new construction, not least in price ranges first-time developers can afford. In addition, we will gradually increase the tax on ownership of housing that you do not even live in order to curb pressure on prices, “says the party’s chairman of the parliament’s municipal committee, Aksel Hagen, to click. no.
Difference on cohabitants and spouses
The tax return record all pairs are wondering
As in many other contexts with regard to taxes and fees, there is also a difference between cohabitants and spouses. All transfers of real estate between spouses are exempt from document fees, even if the property (s) have been in particular.
For cohabitants, there is only transfer of homicide by breach of marriage (or death) exempting a document fee. And that applies only to the home you have lived in for the past two years. Other properties do not provide slippery ceilings.
“The exemption is limited to the transfer of legal basis to shared housing. Domestic transfers to other properties than common housing, such as f. example. holiday homes and rental apartments are not included, “the Directorate of Customs explains on its pages, and further elaborates:” Transfers between cohabitants as long as the cohabitation is still subject to taxation “.
Creates a twist in the housing market
The document fee implies a measurable premium for those who are buying a used self-catering property. The housing committee of 2002 believed that this could lead to twists in the housing market.
“Document fee significantly contributes to the total moving costs. High moving costs can cause households to fail to change their housing consumption even if income, prices or housing needs change. There are fewer moves. The housing stock is poorly utilized. Some housing substitutes that could be awarded to all parties will not be implemented because of the high moving costs. The document fee contributes to the fact that people who move often will demand housing dwellings and rent than other owner-occupied homes, “they write in NOU no.. 2 from 2002, housing markets and housing policy.
– There are reasons to assume that these assessments still apply today, says researcher at the Norwegian Institute of Urban and Regional Research (NIBR), Rolf Barlindhaug, to click. no.
Check if you should complain about the housing strike
These choices should be prioritized when buying a home
This should look for on display
This should follow when buying a home
Looking for good interior ideas? You will find them in the inspiration guide