Turn off the TV before you wash – and other good advice not to damage the screen when you clean.
Does the TV stand and dust down because you do not know how to wash it? Is it difficult to remove the fat spots after eager child fingers went bananas on the screen? Here you will find the advice of what you can do without destroying anything.
The LCDs have long been dominant in the TV market. Unlike the old picture tubes, the LCD monitors are made of plastic, so they need to be cleaned with some caution.
These are the tabs you should avoid when cleaning the flat screen.
Lene Aagaard, PR Communications Manager at Sony Nordic, recommends using a microfiber cloth for cleaning.
Oddbjørn Eggen, TV repairer at Senter TV service in Oslo, emphasizes, on the other hand, the importance of using the right type of microfiber cloth.
– Know the microfiber cloth. If it flies, it is abrasive and can scratch the screen, he says.
He advises people to choose a nice microfiber cloth, a nice cotton cloth or soft tissue.
Read which dishes are best in the test.
Incorrect cleaning agent
Not all cleaners can be used anywhere. Someone should not be used on the LCD.
Some people think they can use Jif Universal Window Spray, even if it’s on the bottle that you can not. Detergents containing alcohol are not good on plastic, says Eggen.
He recommends using water and some zalo.
– It is usually easily accessible. You also get a specialty, but it can quickly become expensive, he says.
Lene Aagaard in Sony Nordic, discourages the following milder to the screen:
– Do not use solvents or acidic cleaners, scouring powder or liquid solvents, such as alcohol, benzine, diluent or insecticide, “she says..
Water does not hold
– LCD stands for Liquid crystal display, and is the most common flat screen type.
– An LCD element consists of a liquid crystal crystal structure placed between two glass plates with electrodes.
– Polarization filters are placed on the glass plates.
– The filters are usually perpendicular to each other and therefore close to the light.
– When transmitted through the crystal, the passing light turns 90 ° and will thus pass through the polarization filters.
Source: Great Norwegian Icon
Some people prefer to wash without soap. But only water does not take the worst fat spots.
– You can try to brush the mirror in the bathroom with only water. It will be shielding and not pretty, says Eggen.
Do not spray on screen
Remember that there are electrical products you have to do. Be moderate with the water.
– This is important. Moisture can flow between the plastic frame and the screen at the bottom. There are the sensitive contacts. Moisture here can give stripes on the screen, or full black screen, says the TV repairer.
Not kidding too loose (but not too hard either)
– An LCD screen can withstand more than many think, says Eggen.
Nevertheless, you should not put a lot of weight behind when brushing, he emphasizes.
Turn off the TV before kissing
Another important tip is that you should clean the TV screen when it is coldest possible, so before turning it on.
– Many turn on the TV and start cleaning. One should do the opposite, says Øystein A. Schmidt, Communications Manager at Elkjøp.
Schmidt draws the following advice for cleaning the LCD screen as particularly important:
– Use a non-alcoholic or soap detergent that is water-based. Certainly a gel spray.
– Please note if using the regular dust cloth to clean your TV. The dust cloth can often contain other detergents – with soap and / or alcohol, and should not be used for the TV.
– Do not use too much screen clean at a time.
– Do not spray the screen clean directly onto the TV, spray the cloth first. If you spray directly onto the TV and use too much screen clean, it can drain down and into the TV itself..
– If you do not take these precautions for a longer period of time, the thin filter that the TV screen is equipped with and that will absorb light will be shielded, Schmidt says.
Impacts can be increased glare on the TV and a reduced TV experience.
– There will be some differences from monitor to screen and from supplier to supplier, “said Schmidt.
– Wash with baking soda and soda
– Clearing the blotches easily with chalk