Instead of shielding the insight into physical barriers, the architect also enveloped the house in fog.
The villa looks like it floats
“Wow” – More is not to say
Norwegian villa is celebrated internationally
The challenge for most residential builders is the balance between access and visibility.
Some choose to fix it by closing the section facing the neighborhood, other plants grow to shield while some reuse uses special installations to maintain integrity.
“Secret House”, designed by the Kuwait architectural office, AGI architects, is shrouded in fogs both to protect against the outside from and to create a cooling effect.
– We wanted the house, seen from the street, to appear friendly but also private, explains one of the architects behind the project, Maria Theresa Alafriz, in an email-to-click. no.
The starting point for the project was a residential area with dense housing, but it also meant that there was little room for undisturbedness and that the view was limited.
– This created a challenge to give the house a personality, but without the use of architectural solutions, Alafriz describes.
Cooling and shining fog
The challenge of welcome, integrity and cooling was solved with the use of fog.
“Fog cooler off the courtyard while shielding from inquisitive neighbors”, the architects site Dezeen writes about the house.
Disen is timed in relation to the daily rhythm of the house and the need for cooling.
Space at the top
In the densely populated surroundings it became challenging to create a view of the horizon. It was solved by establishing a planted roof terrace.
– This allows both enjoying the skyline of the city as well as the ocean on the horizon while in private sheltered surroundings, writes Alafriz.
The architects have created a distinctive division of the zones in the house. In the basement they have placed the garage.
1. and 2. the floor contains living rooms and bedrooms.
– The rooms are placed in relation to the need for privacy and importance, while at the same time the areas for the daily use of the family are intermittent, Alafriz expands.
The floors and roof terrace are linked with stairs and bridges that move crosswise.
Check out the Safe House design pile
Simple refurbishment ended in total refurbishment
Get new ideas for the interior of Bonyt’s inspiration guide
How to give children the right comfort