Then the renovation began …
Skoe married is third generation at the cottage at Brønnøya in Asker. It was designed by Rikkes grandfather in 1929 and was built by a local builder who roamed from Nesodden. At that time there was a building boom on the island, and the cottage was designed according to the standard of the period: two bedrooms on the second floor as well as the living room and kitchen downstairs plus the annexe and the utedo. The cottage had become dark, and the cottage owners wanted to lighten and upgrade the cottage.
– Basically, the cottage was characterized by dark wood and splendid colors in the bedrooms. It was cozy, but it became like a kind of mountain style. We would brush up so that the interior harmonized better with the location by the sea. They were helped by Hytteliv, Jotun and interior designer Inger Ystgaard.
A customized whole
Together with the cottage owners, the interior designer chose a color scheme that fits perfectly with the archipelago cottage: Dune purple and blue tones combined with white, and touches of brown and light pink. In the living room the cottage owners persuaded to paint the ceiling white. The original wooden walls remained untouched for the room to maintain its warm atmosphere. The Treseter was replaced with a practical corner sofa that gave more seating. It was also supplemented with a pair of black iron chairs.
Ystgaard saw great potential the first time she visited the cottage on Brønnøya.
The first impression was that there was a mountain hut by the sea, and the interior was characterized by peasant colors as red and blue, says Ystgaard.
She originated in the archipelago and nature outside the hut walls and chose a so-called color palette in turquoise, purple, blue, light pink and brown. The aim was that the interior should be in style to the sea and the surroundings to create a feeling of a cottage by the sea.
– To paint the ceiling white far in, we were really pleased with what it was. Now it is one of the solutions we are most pleased with; It makes the room much lighter, says Knut.
Dice blue tones
Along the window in the kitchen there is an elongated bar solution that has become the favorite place to take the morning coffee. Walls and cabinets are painted in a so-lane color and the stairs up to the second floor are painted in deep purple. The rest of the kitchen is left untouched. “We will replace the kitchen in the near future. But that’s the next project.
The bedrooms have also got a whole new expression. The children’s room has had many different colors over the years, including orange, pink and rusty. Now it is painted in various white nuances, and the original bedding has got a beautiful lavender color inside. The master bedroom is also painted white and the bedside light blue.
– We are very pleased. The rooms have become incredibly bright and bind well with colors that are related, “Knut said.
Strong affiliation to the site
Rikke and Knut now have the overall cottage they dreamed of and love to spend time here.
– Everybody knows each other and we have good memories and stories together. The fact that many of the families have been together for generations mean we have a nice belonging to the place.
Brønnøya has many meeting places for cottage owners and residents; party and concert venue that can also serve as a cinema, tennis club with court and football arena with matches every Saturday. In summer season, the cottage owners have a communal breakfast room with coffee and crispbread every morning.
– It is today’s main point of reference. We are very concerned about the social life here. At the same time, we live confidently and have the opportunity to retreat. Then we like to relax and kiss in the garden. There is a good soil on the island, so we have to work a bit to keep the beautiful view!
Roofs, doors, doorlists, windowsill in living room, kitchen and hallway: 7236 Chi. Walls kitchen and hallway / stairwell: 4415 Light Syrin
Built-in porch: Lady interior beech 9049 Walnut
Painted dark furniture: S 3005- B80G
stairs; handrails and handrails: 4623 Dark Indigo
Cabinet: 4062 Classic blue. Other Furniture: 4424 Kamelon and 4627 Rainforest
Walls Headboard: 9918 Classic White (S 0500-N) Roofs, Faces and Curtain Tiles, Pipe: White Base. Chair, bedstool, stool: 1929 Muskatnøtt. Bedding: 5225 Sea-gulled. Shelf and chest of drawers: S 2005 -B20G
Wall, door, list of children’s rooms: 9918 Classic White (S 0500-N) Window, ceiling, girly and curtain board: White base. Bed: S 2005-R. Furniture: 3154 Dream and 3302 Little Princess All paint in silk mat Jotun Lady Supreme Finish or Lady Interior Finish (roof), except pipes painted in Lady Wonderwall.